“A very pleasant and good value hotel”

Hotel Discovery Inn
Ranked #124 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is located in a quiet but central place in the heart of Thamel. It has an undistrubed view over a pleasant garden.

The hotel provides comfortable clean rooms with all facilities at a very reasonable price. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable on all issues and extremely cheerful, hospitable and friendly! They can organize pick-up services, trekking and other excursions. Advance booking is also easily done.

There is a very welcoming atmosphere and if one could enjoy breakfast in the garden it would be perfect! I would have no hesitation in either recommending it to others or coming back again myself!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank achouxton
There are newer reviews for Hotel Discovery Inn

Reviewed February 23, 2014

In my trip in Nepal, i have multiple chances to choice the budget hotel in Thamel and all parts of Nepal such as chitwan, pokhara, Lumbini, Bhaktapur, Dhulikhel. I find all the places is good. In thamel, i feel more crowded in my staying but i luckly found quiet location hotel Discovery inn. I did my yoga and mediation even in room . some hotel staff talking about the trekking, tours and interesting places. Iam bit wonderful spiritual country but talking about the travel only. Also people of the hotel have a traditional religion but not practice. I heard the interesting stories about the culture and marriage ceremony. Really, i went there as a guest like a other customer, but i feel homely environment. I enjoy the garden with chatting my laptop where is access good internet. specially after shower , i preferred sun bath. if you like to budget accommodation i like to recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose room 404 if you are single or couple which is front side and early sunrise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anis H
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Best location n best place Senter of thamel very good environment very good n smiling helping people felling like a home..small Best and chip hotel in thames.
# they have very good environment.
#they have very good and clean room.
#they have very good service.
# they have free wi-fi service

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2014

: I booked three night at hotel discovery inn, I got free pick up from the Nepal airport to this hotel. I really enjoy saying my total 5 days there. Hotel seems big from the street , attracting from the little bit distance. I got room N. 303 in third floor, where I enjoy early sunrise inside my room and outlook views of garden and street. I feel, quite, easy , comfort there and excellent sunbath in the room. I got tea , breakfast if I order in the room. Really nice kitchen and staff. I buy from them rafting, bungy jumping, chitwan and pokhara tour. More than that chitwan safari I like more. Elephant safari and direct face of the one horned rhino. Thanks for good direction and valued information of my Nepal trip itinerary.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Walker N
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I booked and stayed for two night just to experience the Temel area. The location is great as your 5mins away from thriving Temel. Unfortunately the room I stayed in looked tired, floor looked out and dirty and door looked not too strong. The furniture in the room, and the blanket that was on my bed was worn and old, I was in room 403, 4th floor, and the light switch on that floor does not work, quite scarey when you cannot see what's infront of you, or behind. There was a TV in my room but on the first day there was no electricity so the TV was just staring at me . The hotel location for a woman on her own is not good as the hotel is at the back of the shopping district and the alleyway leading to the hotel is not well lit although there are two other hotels in that area, I would have though they would have wanted it to be safe for everyone paying to stay at their property. I would not rate the hotel high because the standards are not high. ..on the plus side you pay for what you get, its cheap and in a great location. I would not recommend it to anyone I know, or go there again, its a good experience but the reviews I read beforehand did not match up with the hotel I stay at.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cerele
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Actually, iam not good to review where iam staying but some places more impressive and memorize. Hotel is not expensive and no luxurious. For the economic and budget views it is I can say standard tourist hotel. It was my first time my travel in both Asia and Nepal. I heard this hotel from my friend recommendation. Really people are nice, happy mood to welcome me. After my Nepal travel , I have to go India and looking for visa. Hotel staff help my Indian visa process and took me embassy. Specially , Mr Raj show the city center by is motorbike. I like monkey temple originally it name is Swambhuath. Fantastic city views from the yard of the stupa. Like a relative , they help my Nepal travel, suggestion. I taste Nepali triptical thali called Dhal bhat , tarkari was very nice. They show me Nice bar, restaurant around thamel. Simple , standard , clean and peaceful location are other significant of the Hotel.

Room Tip: front sight corner room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Guillaume M
Reviewed February 17, 2014

. i was stay this Hotel Discovery Inn on february 10 for 2 nights. i really liked this hotel likewise my home in Nepal.All staff are eally kindly n helpful .
any time they ask me you have some problem like this . i m very proud of them . Now i stay in Bhaktpur city for 2 days .so i rembember Discovery Inn . Mr, Pradip who is the manager of hotel suggested me abt bhaktpur ..that information is very helpful for me . i like that hotel they have hot n cold shower,free wi fi . small garden and coffee cafe. i miss discovery Inn .
Serin

Room Tip: roof top room no 501
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family