“Great Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Discovery Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Discovery Inn
Ranked #115 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Rome, Italy
“Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Actually, iam not good to review where iam staying but some places more impressive and memorize. Hotel is not expensive and no luxurious. For the economic and budget views it is I can say standard tourist hotel. It was my first time my travel in both Asia and Nepal. I heard this hotel from my friend recommendation. Really people are nice, happy mood to welcome me. After my Nepal travel , I have to go India and looking for visa. Hotel staff help my Indian visa process and took me embassy. Specially , Mr Raj show the city center by is motorbike. I like monkey temple originally it name is Swambhuath. Fantastic city views from the yard of the stupa. Like a relative , they help my Nepal travel, suggestion. I taste Nepali triptical thali called Dhal bhat , tarkari was very nice. They show me Nice bar, restaurant around thamel. Simple , standard , clean and peaceful location are other significant of the Hotel.

Room Tip: front sight corner room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Guillaume M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

. i was stay this Hotel Discovery Inn on february 10 for 2 nights. i really liked this hotel likewise my home in Nepal.All staff are eally kindly n helpful .
any time they ask me you have some problem like this . i m very proud of them . Now i stay in Bhaktpur city for 2 days .so i rembember Discovery Inn . Mr, Pradip who is the manager of hotel suggested me abt bhaktpur ..that information is very helpful for me . i like that hotel they have hot n cold shower,free wi fi . small garden and coffee cafe. i miss discovery Inn .
Serin

Room Tip: roof top room no 501
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was in nepal first time February 1st from delhi.when I reached kathmandu that time I don't know this hotel .I meet 1 nepali girl in flight .we talk for time pass .then she recommended hotel Discovery Inn for good budget hotel .I catch one cab n told abt.hotel .Cab's driver know the hotel n drop me in hotel.
There is nice hot room ., cold n hot shower , , roof top terrace small garden with bananas trees .the all staff are more helpful and good attractive attitude s.they give me all information about Special places of ktm. In the small restaurant on the garden offer me nice nepali coffee.
I use all time free wi fi .
They make me tourist bus ticket for pokhara .so I will leave tomorrow morning this hotel .
When finesh my tour .I will be back again this hotel .
Ghosh s.

• Stayed February 2014
Sicily, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I like first sunny garden when I first going to enter the hotel lobby. Then, simile face of the people were around the reception. They are quite ready to carry the bag pack to the room. I enjoy hot shower as well as I I been in the room, then down for welcome drinks which I already promised drink after shower. They politely ask my planning and eager to share instantly their experience of different touristy repeated places. Within 5 days staying I saw many hotel while I look round the city but I had no mentality to change. I first give my priority getting knowledge about culture, places, temple, people, food. During my stay , I already soluble with all staff of the hotel , so I felt homely environment there.

Room Tip: front side of the room are cosy and eary sunny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Australind, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

measure at the the view of the prices hotel is good and budget touristic classes. staff and management are flexible. They have a garden but not well management, still warm and sunny. our kids happy to be there. just there are available tea and basic breakfast in the garden restaurant, we don't mind for that, there are many branded restaurant near the out street from the hotel. Over all , nice and good places due to the quiet location even is is Touristic crowded places. I really like to give thanks kitchen staff and receptionist called Mahila who serve the hotel water and nodule soup if we ordered.Simply, it is nice places, if you are looking standard tourist hostel in thamel.
Maire

Room Tip: steet and garden view front site room are early sunny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

when i stay at the hotel i merely meet the travelers mainly from the outside the Nepal, specially from the western continent. I visit many places in south east asia, south asia , but in Nepal things are different. I really happy to meet many travelers there are great chance to introduces there. In lobby and garden i meet solo travelers, group travelers and family. In the standard of Nepal, Hotel discovery inn very nice and budge table hotel in the town. General English speaker person but very polite entire hotel team. Even load shedding time in Nepal, they suggest us the routine and remind the situation very politely. I stayed total 5 days in this hotel, i find over all nice impression there.
See you ...and Thanks !!

Room Tip: Front room of first floor very excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I saw many hotels in kathmandu valley before going to Nepal travel, then i found Hotel Discovery inn have a best discount offer the room. Before book, i directly call to the HOtel then i fixed the room prices before determination the booking. I arrived kathmandu then directly go to the hotel by catching the taxi from the Hotel. I had nice stay there and tomorrow morning i found many travelers who have also same planning as mine then i got great opportunity share views which help solidarity my planning. Even cold season i had strong determination to go upper mustang trekking. Hotel person recognized the tour operator , finally i booked 10 days trip. I like to great appreciated for all hotel team of Discovery. After my trip, they mange the car for the city tours of kathmandu and Bhaktapur. if some body my friends going to ask me, i like to give the name of HOtel discovery Inn.
Cheers!!

Room Tip: front face room of hotel great and sunny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family