“Quiteful locaton with Sunny Garden”

Hotel Discovery Inn
Ranked #124 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel Discovery very nice because of the simplicity everything. staff to owners all are very flexible , simple and helpful. not only that infront of the hotel nice sunny garden where i enjoy with tea, coffee. Even it is cold time in Nepal, i felt unblock sun rising enter from the garden facing room. Total i stayed one week there, i feel family environment, suppose it is my home far from the home. Thanks Mr. Mahila for serve the hot water and meal when i order in the room. Hotel has quite location from the hustle and bustle shopping market. i feel peace and comfort there and declare to stay there in my next trip to Nepal.

Room Tip: Peaceful warm sunny garden
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Discovery Inn

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I travel for work a lot and this in one of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. The staff really go above and beyond what I have come to expect. I arrived early and my room wasn’t ready but I left my luggage with the front desk. When I came back to check in my luggage was already placed in the walk in closet in my room. I knew this hotel included breakfast but I wasn’t expecting a nice dining room with a waitress and a menu with hot items and many choices…and all for FREE.
I locked myself out of my room by accident and when I called the front desk someone was there to help me in less than a minute!! Even the staff in the adjoining pub where really fast and attentive. Oh – and the room was nice too. I would definitely stay here next time I am in downtown Vancouver as you can't beat the location either.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gaurav S
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hey frien do u wana goto Nepal ktm plz once chance go to thmel in hotel discovery inn .i was go for looking room in there . Staf are really nice , healpful n honest there . Nice front side garden n small restaurent there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ghana_Shyam2014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hey frien do u wana goto Nepal ktm plz once chance go to thmel in hotel discovery inn .i was go for looking room in there januray 3 just stay 3night that timei feel ilive in my home .
Staf are really nice , healpful n honest there . Nice front side garden n small restaurent there. There was early winter monsoontime is cold in kathmandu so discovery they have good sunny room morning 7 to evening 5 pm sun comes in room .oew really nice this hotel .just today i got indian visa .i am checking out discovery inn for go india.
So all friend i wouldlike recomond budget hotel for u.if you r looking budget hotel in ktm Discovery inn is nice for u.byebye Discovery family
:Gen Zhu china

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this hotel in my first trip in Nepal according to my friend's suggestion who was stay 6 months before .i spent four nights like a my family member.All the staff of this hotel are very nice .mr shree krishna who is the boss of the hotel .Not only hotel he took me with his family place .that was 2 hour far from hotel .i enjoy Nepali typical food .thanks for such kind of the hospitality & closeness.
- Bethany

• Stayed: November 2013
ceje294212, Manager at Hotel Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Bethany,
Thanks for reviews about our hotel, staff and service which really inspiring us to do more good service. On the entire of the hotel team of the Discovery inn, we like to give warm welcome again in our hotel. we are waiting for you
Pradip
Hotel Discovery inn,
Thamel, Kathmandu Nepal

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hotel discovery inn is located in the heart of the beautiful city of Kathmandu .it lies withen 20 minutes drive from the airport .hotel is very nice .they provide me comfortable accommodation ,but also friendly service and cheap room for me .
Thanks you Discovery family

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Milon007
Reviewed December 29, 2013

When I was looking hotel in Kathmandu, encounterly I find this hotel . I very impressed good behaviours of the hotel staff and chillout with the local people in yards .all people whom I meet in the sunny garden infrond of the hotel they were quit friendly and open minded.we share tea, coffee with interesting conversation such as culture, politics about Nepal.
Nice n clean clean room, fast room service, lovely hot shower, free wi- fi are quite significant .I like to recommendation staying there .

• Stayed: December 2013