“Great Food - Good Value Accommodation now also”
Review of Shree Lal Pure Veg Restaurant - CLOSED

Shree Lal Pure Veg Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food at Shree Lal is excellent and we eat there several times a week when staying in Kathmandu. The big set is really big - so make sure you take a good appetite with you! Otherwise, take the small set, or order one the other delectable veg dishes from the menu. Service is always friendly wih a smile - highly recommended!

In the past the downstairs seating area was only average, but they have recently painted and installed new lighting so it is mush cosier. They also have opened up restaurant seating on Level one where it is more open and the is a separate, chilled out lounge area.

P.S. Last time I went the owners had taken over the guesthouse upstairs of the restaurant and I asked to see some of the rooms. Some they were still working on but they have some excellent and great value rooms now - perhaps some of the best value in Kathmandu @ approx 500 rupees for a clean, comfy single and I think it was about 700 rupees for a good double. I think we stayed in room 302 , but ask to see a few options first as some are better than others. Hope this helps!

1  Thank Marc A
There are newer reviews for Shree Lal Pure Veg Restaurant

Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was one of the best restaurant in Nepal for 28 days. It is pure vegetarian, and so tastefully. The restaurant was clean and simple. Lying in the center of Thamel.

1  Thank AnnexSilkeborg
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Being vegetarians, we kept searching for the right place to eat in Thamel, and finally landed at Shree Lal. The restaurant is tucked deep inside a building and you have to access it after going through a narrow corridor. The menu consisted of all indian dishes including a couple of Thali options as well. We decided to have a kadhai paneer and dal after hearing the owners praises about the authentic veg dishes that the hotel serves. We were quite shocked when we got a dry kadhai paneer which had mostly onions and capsicum and few cubes of paneer that had to be literally searched for. The dish was below average and tasted as if we were eating raw onions. Lonely Planet mentions this hotel as one of the places to eat in without fail. I don't know what the Lonely Planet guys ate here. On the whole it was a very disappointing experience.

1  Thank krishnadorai
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place has vegetarian food only - a lot of little things on your plate.. Actually 200 rs is a good price but these vegetarian options of thali is normally around 150 as I have experienced..
And the place is just not clean and nice looking..

1  Thank happiestraveller2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Ok I read the reviews here on Tripadvisor so I went to have a look at the restaurant. There are so many great thali places in Thamel, well Kathmandu- I don't see how this one stands out that much.
Yes it is a big portion but personally too much dry masala/spice was added so the food did not stand out apart from the cheap price. 200 for the set. Place is not particularily clean either, but for vegetarians I suppose it is worth a visit.

1  Thank Travelsenthusiast