“Poon Hill Trek”
Review of Trek into Thin Air

Trek into Thin Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: All our team members are long time experienced in trekking, they started as trekking porters more then 15 years ago. After a while they were participating in different courses to achieve the Nepalese Trekking Guide License. From that day on each of the 5 Guides (which are now working for Trek into Thin Air) made a lot of experience while trekking in the Himalayan Mountains. After several years of working as guides and hundreds of satisfied clients Suk Lama and Ram Giri decided to found their own trekking company in 2015. With Trek into Thin Air you will find safe, relaxing enjoy and easy exploring of trekking. And many more possibilities to experience Nepal: - Trekking tours - Peak climbing - High Altitude expeditions - Whitewater rafting - Bird Watching - Wildlife safari - and much more Nepal is one of the most fascinating Countries in the world, situated between India and the Tibet autonomous region of China. You must visit Nepal to enjoy the natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, towering Pagodas, spectacular Himalayan Ranges with the world's highest peaks and much more.
Hong Kong, China
“Poon Hill Trek”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Two friends and I had a great experience in Nepal with Suk. He helped plan the trip to perfection. Highly recommend doing any trek in Nepal with Suk.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Addiction to Nepal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ever had this experience where you visited a place and when you are back home, you tell yourself again, "Oh, I must go back again!"? Yes, that was exactly how I felt after my 2nd trip to Nepal and when I got back to Singapore. Not to mention about the scenic views that Nepal offers, the friendly Nepalese whom we met along the way, and the wonderful food that we had throughout the whole trip, what really got me reminiscing about the wonderful times that I had in Nepal was the guide!

In my 2nd trip to Nepal, I went on the Annapurna Base Camp route with Suk as our guide again, and this was of course, a memorable trip again. He ensures that the whole group safety is well taken care of. We went in a group of 7, and everyone has different experience in trekking and different speeds. To ensure that all of us are well taken care of, he always ensures that he has one porter who either walks in front of us to guide the group, or one who walks at the back so everyone's safety is accounted for. There were occasions when I almost slipped, and he was the one who held on to my hand firmly to prevent my fall. This is Suk, the guide who is always on the alert and ensure we are all safe.

As some of us had history of high altitude sickness before, we indeed have our concerns on whether we can all make it to the peak. With his constant encouragement and pacing us so that we, as a group can make it to the destination, he did it and all of us were able to pose for the nicest picture in Nepal! All of us were full of smiles and just imagine the feeling of achievement as we touched ground on the Base camp!

And one great highlight of the trip was that, Suk went around scouting and finally, arranged for one of the guest house to bake a cake for a friend who was celebrating her birthday during the trip. That was a simple yet the most delicious cake ever!

I'm just so looking forward to my Nepal trip again next year!

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poonhill Trekking”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time enjoying nature and taking awesome photos. Suk is a very good guide who has a lot of knowledge about the trek and local culture. There wasn't any communication issues as he speaks good English.
He was able to adjust to our pace and always pick really good guest house with great views.
If I were to go to Nepal again, I will definitely get Suk as my guide. :)

“Meeting a good Friend”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We are just back from a 15 Day Annapurna Circle Trip with my good Friend Suk. In 2009 we did Everest Region with him and we are in touch ever since. I highly recommend Suk when plan a tour anywhere in Nepal. He is the perfect Guide with local Knowledge, Patience and has always a good Laugh. Next Year we have already Plans for Gokyo Ri with Suk. Perfect Choice!

Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Good Guide in Suk”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just got back from my maiden trek in Annapurna Poon Hill. Looking back, I made the single most important choice right - getting a good guide in Suk. He was able to assess our capability and was flexible and nimble in making changes to the trek to suit us, ensuring that we had a good and enjoyable experience without killing ourselves physically. A good guide is one that follows our pace and not one that demands us to follow his and being adamant about the route. I'm glad that Suk was sensitive to us.

Also impressive was his choice of guesthouse/ stays. They are clean and have great views. A bonus for our tired bodies at the end of the day's trek.

I will not hesitate to call Suk again for my next trek in Nepal.

Visited December 2013