“Great trek with laughing Lama!!”
Review of Trek into Thin Air

Trek into Thin Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: All our team members are long time experienced in trekking, they started as trekking porters more then 15 years ago. After a while they were participating in different courses to achieve the Nepalese Trekking Guide License. From that day on each of the 5 Guides (which are now working for Trek into Thin Air) made a lot of experience while trekking in the Himalayan Mountains. After several years of working as guides and hundreds of satisfied clients Suk Lama and Ram Giri decided to found their own trekking company in 2015. With Trek into Thin Air you will find safe, relaxing enjoy and easy exploring of trekking. And many more possibilities to experience Nepal: - Trekking tours - Peak climbing - High Altitude expeditions - Whitewater rafting - Bird Watching - Wildlife safari - and much more Nepal is one of the most fascinating Countries in the world, situated between India and the Tibet autonomous region of China. You must visit Nepal to enjoy the natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, towering Pagodas, spectacular Himalayan Ranges with the world's highest peaks and much more.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Suk Lama (founder of Trek into thin air) was our guide during our trekking trip in the Everest region. It is a spectacular place of astonishing beauty. I am sure that all who have visited would agree. We were arranging our trip directly from Kathmandu and we were looking for an experienced, an easy going, non-smoking and non-drinking (alcohol:-)) guide and we felt very lucky that we found Suk. From the beginning, his experience and knowledge were obvious – at the time he had been trekking with tourists in various Himalayan regions for more than a decade. He took his job very responsibly and had a good judgement of the situations. We really appreciated his flexibility – when we liked some particular place and wanted to stay there longer, he was happy to adjust the schedule accordingly and organize everything quickly and efficiently without causing us any discomfort. He was always attentive to our needs and made sure that we were comfortable in guesthouses and during the mealtimes. The porter whom Suk hired was very good too and we also liked the way in which Suk was managing him. Suk’s command of English is very good and we spent lots of time during our trek talking about life in Nepal and about its culture. Suk definitely looks beyond the business side of his job as a tourist guide - we could clearly see that he deeply cares about the mountain environment and welfare of people who live and work in the mountains. One of the greatest things about Suk is his really good & intelligent sense of humour. I think it made our trip much easier. We were sometimes laughing so much that we often did not realize that we were already in our allocated destinations, leaving all the steep hill paths behind us. We spent together 17 days. It passed so quickly and suddenly we were back in Lukla. We knew that sometimes due to the weather conditions and high density of tourists it can take some time to get the flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu, but Suk did successfully manage to arrange the flight for us with a minimal delay. The whole trip was an absolutely remarkable experience and Suk was an ideal companion for us. We have no hesitations to recommend him and we ourselves are looking forward to seeing him soon!
PS: very useful to bring a thermos flask with you for hot water even though it weighs a little bit, you’ll really appreciate it in high up places!

1  Thank Peto1
There are newer reviews for Trek into Thin Air

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Did the Langtang-Gosaikunda trail in early December, under the recommendation of my cousin. The guide has a good command of English, and more importantly knowledgeable and approachable. Always making sure we are trekking at a comfortable pace and properly settled in for the night. It was an enriching 2 weeks as we chatted about the culture, history and you name it. HengJie, Singapore

1  Thank HengJie
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Namaste... this is Mike from Singapore. I returned from my Langtang trekking trip last week. Trek into Thin Air is the guide who have make my trip a memorable one. The guide is very ackowledge and provided us with a lot of useful information and tips during the trip. The guide and porters are very friendly and approachable. Their presence and assistance had made us VIP for the trip, from meals order, hot bucket showers and blanket for the freezing nights. I have already recommended Trek into Thin Air to some of my friends whom have show interest to trek in Nepal.

3  Thank mike7044
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Hi, This is Noel from Singapore. There is one thing that I must say about Lama. I am impresssed with the way he tried to take notice of our diet and facial colour, as as to have a better feel of how well we are coping with the trek and attitude. With that he can advise us on the best option for the trek. Thanks for your care and looking out for us when we are on the trek. I am so glad that be cause of your experience, we are all safe and sound. Shall look forward to engage you again for our next trek.

1  Thank ChenYuHui
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The thing I was worried for the trip about the most was the safety of me and my friends. The trip I was for was very safe and enjoyable.

Imagine having a guide that cannot communicate with you. Oh it sucks. However, our guide was experienced and could speak in English all of us could understand. He told us stories and shared many personal experiences he had as a local. That was something not all guides can give. He was very friendly and clear in the instructions he gave.

I enjoyed the trip very much and I would surely go back to them for my second trip! :)

1  Thank Tech1513