“The Himalayan Motorcycle Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parikrama Treks & Expedition - Day Tours

Parikrama Treks & Expedition - Day Tours
Ranked #171 of 403 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekking in Nepal Trekking operator in the Himalayas - Parikrama Treks has been exploring the natural beauty and cultural diversity of the Himalayan country of Nepal Tibet and Bhutan with our clients for almost two decades. Our quest is to sustain each individual’s spirit through exciting activity and discoveries. Guiding you through this terrain of immense fortune of hidden treasures of these Himalayan countries is, Mr. Bal Kumar Basnet the founder of Parikrama Treks & Expedition who himself is a novice Mountaineer, Guide and a Tour leader.As one of the primary trekking tour operator in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, we provide exceptional opportunities for various other activities possible in the field of adventure and Responsible tourism. Some of our foremost focused programs are 500cc Royal Enfield Motorbike Tours to Tibet, Remote Mountain Trekking and Family tours tailor made to your interest. We specialize in conventional guided treks year round exceptional adventure opportunities based on your area of interest.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“The Himalayan Motorcycle Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Completed in Sept 2013. A great tour covering all the locations you would want, and more.

The Royal Enfield's surprisingly held up very well over the tough terrain and were serviced daily by the support crew (consisting of guide, driver and mechanic).

The company owner, Mr Basnet, was very welcoming and a pleasure to deal with.

Recommended!

Visited September 2013
33 Thank Ben S

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Royal Enfield motorbike tour of Tibet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've just completed (Sept 2013) my trip of a life time. Touring with Parikrama Tours from Kathmandu to Lhasa and back, riding via Mt.Everest base camp. With only 3 riders the group was small but ideal. Apart from day one when it rained the weather was perfect. Our support crew was exceptional, with all the tiring Chinese checkpoints which the guide got us through as quick as possible. Every morning and night the mechanic checked / serviced the bikes. With only a couple of minor breakdowns, the bikes performed very well for the conditions.
The trip to EBC was on rough, dusty gravel road of about 160km round trip in length, easily accomplished by a skilled rider. The rest of the roads throughout Tibet were of good to excellent standard. It was a fantastic trip but be prepared for some cold mornings, <8c, with snow covered mountain passes and wondering Yaks and dogs on the roads. Awesome trip with a excellent touring company. Thank you Basnet

Visited September 2013
31 Thank Jarrod F
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great trip and exellent service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My name is Natalia, I went to trip to mt Kailash. It was 12 day trip and i really enjoyed it. Organization by "Parikrama treks" was flawless. We had 2 Sherpa guys who took care of all our meals and luggage. They are really put there heart in what they do and meals were very delishious. This trip is hard one due to weather conditions and pure infrastructure through Tibet. That's why I was so glad that I had such a good organization and crew. Mr. Kumar went on this trip with us and he did all possible to take care of group and accomodate us best way possible. I had great experience and would use "Paricrama Treks" service again.

Visited June 2012
31 Thank NataV_12
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Annapurna Circuit and Sanctuary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This year I did my second trip with Parikrama, doing the Circuit and Sanctuary together over 17 days. My guide and portal were excellent throughout, everything worked perfectly and they were great company.

Visited March 2012
29 Thank Bob L
Edinburgh
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Annapurna Round Trek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Hi my Name is Max, I was in Nepal from the 3rd till the 20th of April this year to make my first trekking in Nepal.I did decided for the annapurna round trek and it worth every penny spend on it. The whole organisation of the trip has been made by parikrama treks and has been fantastic. Mr. Basnet the GM has been in contact with me since first meet on line for enquires about the trip, his experience as international guide in Nepal is pair to none. All the bookings and fees (Trekking visa, lodges, guide, flight tickets) has been organised very well and in such professional way. The company is very reliable and respected in Kathmandu area and does provide any kind of service and trip itineraries. My guide Thomas has been just fantastic for the whole trek always present and very careful but never intrusive. I would recommend the Parikrama to anybody who wants the best service at a reasonable price and the courtesy and kindness of all the staff just make you spellbound! Than enjoy Nepal as I did....Namaste'!

Visited April 2012