“Tsum Valley trek - early season, quiet, beautiful, spectacular!”

Parikrama Treks & Expedition - Day Tours
Ranked #180 of 634 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekking in Nepal Trekking operator in the Himalayas - Parikrama Treks has been exploring the natural beauty and cultural diversity of the Himalayan country of Nepal Tibet and Bhutan with our clients for almost two decades. Our quest is to sustain each individual’s spirit through exciting activity and discoveries. Guiding you through this terrain of immense fortune of hidden treasures of these Himalayan countries is, Mr. Bal Kumar Basnet the founder of Parikrama Treks & Expedition who himself is a novice Mountaineer, Guide and a Tour leader.As one of the primary trekking tour operator in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, we provide exceptional opportunities for various other activities possible in the field of adventure and Responsible tourism. Some of our foremost focused programs are 500cc Royal Enfield Motorbike Tours to Tibet, Remote Mountain Trekking and Family tours tailor made to your interest. We specialize in conventional guided treks year round exceptional adventure opportunities based on your area of interest.
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went on a 20 day trek up the recently opened Tsum Valley. The trip was awesome, thanks to great planning by Mr Basnet & his wonderful team.
We went self sufficient with tents and a full cook team - in all 11 people.....wow!
The head guide, Indra, was totally in control, whether arranging food, checking porter loads, or planning the route ahead. We needed his leadership we did get hit by a snow storm which forced a change in plans.
The food was excellent - very healthy, plenty of variety, though the classic dahl baht is pretty unbeatable. The potatoes, part boiled then roasted in a Tibetan fire hearth were delicious.
Mr Basnet, the owner of Parikrama, is a wonderful organiser, gracious and ever so accommodating. Nothing is an inconvenience for him. He drove us about Kathmandu, Patan and Bhathapur, he took us for lunch to his own home, and overall we learnt so much about the country from him. We had used his services previously on a much shorter trip in 2009 (Poon Hill & Chitwan), which he arranged perfectly.
It's good to support a local Nepalese business, and I'd strongly urge you to consider Parikrama.

23  Thank Julia238

Reviewed March 14, 2012

If you're fit and looking for an adventure, I think a trek in Nepal with Parikrama is the best value for money you can get. My boyfriend and I signed up for the group trek, but it ended up being just the 2 of us on the trek. Everything went perfectly smoothly, even when it didn't! By that I mean the service by the tour director, guide, and porter were so impeccable, they took care of all uncontrollable mishaps before they really affected us. That's why I would suggest going with this company -- our guide, Indra, is very expereinced, and knows exactly how to handle every situation. He had friends at all the lodges we stayed at, so and we seemed to be treated especially well because of it.

I was picked up by the tour director in his private car at the airport in Kathmandu no problem, and brought to my hotel. I would recommend asking for a hotel in the tourist area of Thamel. We stayed about a 15 min walk from Thamel the first night but it would have been nice to be right there. (We stayed in Thamel the second night.)

We were supposed to trek to Everest Base Camp but the weather was so bad in Lukla that planes weren't flying there. We talked to our guide, Indra, about options and ended up switching our flight to trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) instead. It was a pretty major change in plans (it involved switching our flights, local porter, taxis, and accomodations) but Indra made it happen seamlessly. In the end, I'm glad we were "forced" to do ABC instead. I think the scenery and trek more generally was more to behold.

Throughout the 10-day trek, our porter carried our heavy bags seemingly effortlessly. He would get to the lodge before us, get our room, and leave our bags on our beds, and hand us the key when we arrived. Indra spoke English very well and patiently answered our questions along the way. He was very flexible with how our days of trekking went. If we were feeling especially energetic, we would go further and faster, and if we felt like having a easier, shorter day, he would accomodate that too. The food at the lodges was very good. I am vegetarian and most of the food was delicious vegetarian. My boyfriend said the buffalo steak is the best steak he's had though. All of our meals and non-alcoholic drinks were included, so Indra always took care of the bill behind the scenes.

We were trekking in Nepal so I wouldn't call the accomodations luxurious by any stretch, but the rooms and showers, and eating areas were always clean, and the toliets were usually clean. Indra was quick to address any of our questions and concerns whenever he could. He left us alone and gave us privacy, but as soon as we needed something, he appeared as if from nowhere!

We want to go back to do the Everest Bast Camp trek in a few years, maybe for our honeymoon. We'll definitely go with Parikrama and request Indra again. We felt so safe and comfortable with him. I know if something went wrong, he'd have our backs in a second! Happy trekking!

27  Thank Lianne M
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had a great 3 weeks walking from Jiri to Gokyo to Everest Base Camp with a great group. Basnet and his Parikrama team were absolutely brilliant throughout - nothing was too much trouble. We chose then because others had used then before and they too went back to use then a second time.
I'm going back to Nepal this year to do the Annapurna circuit and will be using Parikrama again.

23  Thank Bob L
Reviewed December 7, 2011

A friend and I travelled with Parikrama Treks, Kathmandu, Nepal to Lhasa, Tibet on a pair Royal Enfields. They arranged all the paperwork and let us get on and enjoy the ride, we were followed by a back up truck and some super guys to help us along the way. There was a mechanic, driver and a Tibetan guide. I would recommend Parikrama Treks, Kathmandu, Nepal to anyone. It really was a trip of a lifetime.

25  Thank crandall78
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I did this tour in 2009 and really enjoyed it; a bit adventure and a bit holiday. I made my way to Nepal on my own but met up with some great guys from Holland and everyone got on really well together. Basnet is a really cool guy and he and his team made sure everything went to plan. We had a couple of sightseeing days in Kathmandu, then some brilliant riding and ended up in Lhasa and saw what it’s really like! Then back via Everest to Nepal. The bikes were well prepared and the accommodation was as expected; not luxurious but clean and comfortable. I’ve done several tours in the Himalayas and other places, in groups and on my own but this was probably the best of all. A small group of riders, knowledgeable and experienced guides and the wonderful Nepalese and Tibetan people. I would definitely recommend this tour.

24  Thank ianbiddle