“Like a peacefull oasis right in the heart of the madness of Kathmandu”
Review of Pariwar B&B

Pariwar B&B
Ranked #86 of 203 Hotels in Kathmandu
Ashford
“Like a peacefull oasis right in the heart of the madness of Kathmandu”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks 7 days at the start of my trip and 5 at the end. For the first 4 nights I stayed in the deluxe room (booked via agoda) and it was massive, clean and comfortable if anything a bit too nice for the likes of me but if you are travelling with a partner id recommend this room. Then i changed to a simple room for 3 nights like it says it is simple just a bed, light and fan but clean and comfy and perfect for me. For the last few nights I stayed in the dorm room as the simple room was taken, this room was also massive with comfortable single beds I would have preferred to have a room to myself but the people were nice and I felt safe leaving my stuff in there. I loved the terrace it was so nice to relax there after wandering the streets and nearly getting run down every few seconds and getting hassled by the people trying to sell you things. It was great to have somewhere to come back where I felt totally safe. But I think the best thing about this place is the staff they really do treat you like a friend and not just a customer I would have drinks and food with them and they really made me feel like part of the family. And they will help you out with anything if they can, from booking a taxi or airplane to a whole trek I booked a stay at Chitwan (WAR) which was really nice but a bit too luxury for me. It was a shame when I had to leave I think I could easily have lived in this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lee B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived on the first day and found out that the room was not what we expected ( booked with agoda) The staff immediately changed the room for us and told us that there would be no fee for upgrading on the first night and that we could talk to the hotel's manager in the next morning. The hotel's manager was understanding and offered to upgrade the room for us for the rest of our stay ( 3 more nights ) for 30 $ which we had bargained to 10 $ and he agreed. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Bathroom was clean and the hot water system was working functionally, however the water running out of the tap smelled rusty . I guess maybe the whole Kathmandu's water has the same smell (?) Our room was at the front side of the hotel which was facing Thamel street so we could hear the noisy sound of people shouting and the cars' horns every night ( ear plugs are recommended for people who have trouble sleeping like me) The boys who worked at the receptions were very friendly, polite and helpful. We have tried the breakfast and it tasted fine. Over all this hotel is a good place to stay, worth the $ you pay and I will recommend my friends to stay here.

Room Tip: If you're booking via agoda, make sure you read the condition thoroughly, they can be quite tric...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank me_siamese
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The service was great and right from the start I felt the friendly nature of the staff its family run and very peaceful. The room was very clean and neat. I was helped with planning my trek immidiatley as well as served breakfeast and refreshments. I would recommend anyone traveling there first time to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Abcd665
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I ended up staying at Pariwar twice during my trip to Nepal for two reasons, one was the great location in Thamel and second was because the staff were so friendly, polite and willing to help me out with anything I needed. The rooms were clean I stayed in a/c room and not a/c room and both were fine, in fact for September I didnt really need an a/c. The second time I showed up without a bookign and the staff were very quick with getting us a room ready which was great. The only problem was the water in the bathroom wasn't the best but from what I understood they were doing some improvment renovations so Im sure it will be fine

Room Tip: stayed at the pariwar two times during our trip in Nepal because if its great location in Kathmandu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank emmaanne1
Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Pariwar B&B was a great place to stay. It is in the middle of the action in Kathmandu's Thamel district, filled with different places to eat and chop. They also take care of you when you are touring the area and making plans for the rest of your visit to Nepal. I really appreciated the airport pick-up and drop-off service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
shenzhen
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Lots of small issues presented themselves. After reconfirming our arrival, our rooms were still not ready. For 4 people, they tried to show us to a room with three single beds. The owner gave us two "super deluxe" rooms, to correct the situation. The super deluxe rooms do not come with drinking water, pillow cases, wash cloths, hand towels or coat hangers. The "hot" water was hot, only in the evening. The airconditioning worked well, and the rooms were clean. We stayed in a suite for the entire stay. Most of what we ordered for meals was unavailable, or forgotton. A cup of coffee took 32 minutes to arrive. The food that was delivered, was bad, worse and terrible. We had been in Nepal for several days by the the time we arrived at the Pariwar, and had experienced less expensive hotels and food service, with far superior value, prior to our arrival here. This hotel was a disappointment on multiple levels. We went down the street to Le Bistro for breakfast on our last mornng, and wished we had done so from the first day. We asked the owner about airport transfers. He assured us we would have a " super deluxe " ride, compliments of the hotel. What we actually had was a mini cab, with our luggage on our laps, and our gear on the roof. And, a 600.00 bill for the ride. Let's not forget the lovely "welcome" drinks the owner offered us, which we received a bill for upon departure.

Room Tip: As a place to simply rest, the location is excellent. The super deluxe rooms are on the fourth floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tinashenzhen
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Don't let the entrance to this little b&b put you off. Having stayed in a few hotels in Kathmandu this was certainly the cleanest and best located. The hotel is situated in the heart of the tourist area Thamel opposite one of Kathmandu's best restaurants the roadhouse.

The rooms are clean and come with towels (a rarity!).

The staff are young, friendly and speak good English which is a real help upon your arrival. There is a roof terrace for breakfast and chilling out on after a long day where the staff will sit with you and play cards or offer advice.

The area can be noisy but this is a small sacrifice to be in such a good location.

Finally a shout out to kewal giri our trekking porter, a patient and friendly guy who led us through the mountains! (Kewal is the brother of the owner and can be arranged through the hotel).

• Stayed September 2012