“Charging extra and extra”
Review of Pariwar B&B

Pariwar B&B
Ranked #80 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
Hämeenlinna
“Charging extra and extra”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were not very pleased with this B & B. Ok, room was clean (only one blanket and no pillowcases) and location was good but we did not get was was promised, they promise a lot. At first they tried to charge us 600 rupias of the transport from the airport (which is included), also they first said that our breakfast is not included.. which was included in our voucher. Full english breakfast? -did not see in two days. No drinking water in the room (which was promised), no safe, no hot water. We needed an extra towel. My husband did not know that all costs were already paid in advance, so he paid extra 30 dollars at the reception as they charged - for the towel and extra breakfast and of course no receipt. We were glad to get out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tuula I
Ram718, Owner at Pariwar B&B, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Respected Clients,
Namaste from Hotel Pariwar B&B, Kathmandu, Nepal

Thank you so much for your kind attention and posting reviews for us. We are really happy to know that regarding your voice. We are very sorry if there are anything else from our site. We will improve all the things onwards future.

You had booked standard room when you are in our hotel. Off course Standard and Deluxe have vast different. Standard room haven't breakfast included that time. We haven't charging you for there extra towels bills. Regarding transport and breakfast that will be extra cost. We will improve our service and Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Pariwar B&B was supposed to just be my quick stopover before I got out of Kathmandu, but what did I know. I arrived in Nepal with no particular plan and was expecting to spend some time figuring out more of what to do, but the hotel staff and manager beat me to it. They are very well connected through a network of agencies and provide or help with trekking, safari, inter-city trips, you name it. What I maybe liked the most is probably that they are not pushy, just friendly and service minded. In fact the manager encouraged me to check a few other trekking companies so I would have something to compare with, and I still ended up doing my trekking with the agency associated with the hotel. The guide was great! The hotel has everything you need, a good size room, free wifi, good size bathroom with hot shower, a new and a very nice and new breakfast area (which is included in price). Pariwar has turned into the only place I'd stay in Kathmandu in this price range and I'm currently back for my third stay during my time in Nepal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jan L
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 2, 2012

These guys are great! Helped my wife and I out of a tricky situation and did it all with a smile. The hotel is good, tidy and in an awesome location - everything you need from a modest hotel/B&B in central Kathmandu. You're in the heart of the city hear and everything you need is on your doorstep - I had the greatest curry I've ever had just down the road. They also have their own cool little restaurant around the corner, we just had the momos and a few drinks, but it was the perfect way to spend our final few hours in Nepal. Recommended..

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Grenoble, France
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I travelled a lot all around asia, in various type of hotel.
This hotel provide me with a service that only a few high end hotel are able to provide.
As soon as I arrived i received a warm welcome for the manager. He set up an appointement with me t breakfast the next day to know my need in term of visit, trek.....etc......
I was actually needed a lot a things from renting a motorbike, new camera materials, sim card....etc.....
The manager spend half a day with me taking me to one place to another to ensure I"ll get the correct price.
Well, I couldn't expect more.
The rest of the staff was extremely welcoming and helpfull, always polite, always asking you how I was what was my plan....etc..... this really make you feel like home and not in an hotel.
Thank you very very much to all the team, that made my stay very enjoyable

Room Tip: Go with the deluxe room. really worth it for the rate, a lot of space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Florent A
DronaRajGiri, General Manager at Pariwar B&B, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
"My warm regards to get your review here. we are really working for creating a homely and friendly environment and till yet we are happy to get your positive response. your valuable reviews will more help us to improve and maintain a typical environment as you desire. our main motto is to provide and facilitate you with friendly relation serving you a comfortable and convenience service anytime at the hotel and atmosphere around us, you are always welcome for the quality Bed & Breakfast in Kathmandu, Nepal."
Thanking you

Ram Chandra Giri
Managing Director.
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The great hotel I feel like back to my home . The room are very nice . They have 24 hours hot water service . They have free breakfast service , wifi is free . The hotel manager mr.SUCCESS is very nice and helpful person . He treats us very much . You can get all useful information about Nepal. Anyway the hotel all staff are nice and helpful meger thing the hotel facility are good and I like the bed cover of this hotel . If I came next time in Nepal I stay in this hotel . And I can't forget mr. Success manager of this hotel.
If you need any information about hotel just you contact with mr. Success. Hiss mail address is
Mail: babusafal@hotmail.com
Safal40@yahoo.com
Cell phone: +977-9841787132
+977-9818979797

Room Tip: Room no. 301
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vincent Z
karnavati
Reviewed June 8, 2012

i have gone in kathmandu after searching hotel over internet, what people usually do.! The Hotel location/staff/responsiveness was very good. Being centre in Thamel, it gives you access of activities you want to do.

On arrival, they arrived & picked you up !

This Hotel also gives u cosy feeling, probably one of best thing !

Not to mention - RAM is best person around !

do reach: dhamalarajan@ymail.com for hotel information !

Room Tip: do checkout paddy foley pub nearby !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We definitely should have checked out some other places before committing to Pariwar. Though the bedrooms are nicely decorated, it's right on a very noisy street in Thamel, the bathroom was very dirty, and the shower always ice cold. Breakfast was average. We paid $20/night, which is very overpriced compared to what else you can get for that kind of money in Nepal. Returning to KTM, we stayed at International Guest House for the same price - much nicer, cleaner, close to everything but quiet, beautiful garden and delicious complimentary breakfast. Much better value.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Flickballoon
DronaRajGiri, General Manager at Pariwar B&B, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are very sorry for your inconvenience. For your kind information we are engaged in renovation and layout decoration of our hotel. So there was slight problem in the water supply. But to inform you that its improved and we are successful to add more facilities like open terrace through were a mountainous view and cheerful environment can be observed. So, now we are very much ready to serve you with all the improved conditions and familiar atmosphere with great hospitality for your good stay anytime at the hotel.
Thank you.