“Best staff and very clean hotel centrally located in Thamel Street!”
Review of Hotel Nepalaya

Hotel Nepalaya
Ranked #54 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best staff and very clean hotel centrally located in Thamel Street!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I booked my accommodation with this hotel through Agoda. I didn't expect people would come and pick me up since I just booked through a booking site and I was ready to take a taxi on my own. When I arrived at the airport, the guy from Hotel Nepalaya was waiting for me with my name in his list! It was very prompt (I booked only 2 days before my arrival) and efficient!

The hotel room was very clean. The hotel is located right in the street. Full of shops on the left and right of the hotel. Electricity was out at certain times but they had emergency light in each room so you are not stuck with no light.

The staff was amazing. Especially Kamal Rimal was really really helpful. He was very professional and not really push you to purchase their services but help you in every way. I felt very good even from the first day. He also organizes trekking guides and porters any trekking route you choose. I didn't use the service thought I wanted to go trek by myself. But having a guide/porter is necessary since certain part of trek was very deserted and no one really passing... I thought I stay here only the first night and try different hotel on the way back but I stayed again because they were excellent and very helpful... I would return to this hotel again and again :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Juju0920

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here twice whist in Nepal and found this hotel in Thamel a really good cheap hotel. Just off the main Thamel drag so quite quiet. Rooms were clean with A/C and fans, decent shower, hot water TV and breakfast included. Nice rooftop restaurant although the bar is a little expensive. Got an airport pick up also. Only downside tour guide will hassle you at breakfast to buy over priced package deals off him to the sights in Nepal, all of which you can do about 5 times cheaper than he quotes just by booking stuff yourself and reception will totally over charge you for bus tickets etc to other destinations when its just as easy to go to the bus station yourself and buy the ticket. Reception tried to charge me $15 for a 600 rupee bus ticket and assured me i wouldn't get it for less than $15, really......
Over all though it was a nice stay in a good modern hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel is hidden from noisy thamel street, which makes it hard to find, but quite quiet. Very cheap for any European and Russian tourist offering decent room, hot water, wifi, good service for the price of 12 euro per night per guest. Would recommend to stay here for anyone travelling with backpack and fine to stay in 2+ star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dhaka
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was in a rush for making my trip to Nepal for the first time, I could not book my hotel prior to arrival but after I arrived in Nepal Airport, I was trying to find a good hotel in my budget, I found the Nepal Tourism desk and they gave me a chart for all hotel details. I asked them " I need one neat and clean but budget hotel" They refer me 3-4 hotels and I chose "Hotel Nepalaya" When I reached to the hotel I found that my choice was absolutely right.

Hotel Nepalaya is in the center of the Thamel and very nice hotel, Stuffs are very cordial, Friendly and helpful,

The hotel is neat and clean and quite, Rooms are nice and well arranged,
and all these are within your budget, I am planning if I am going next time with my family I would stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GrommeyDhaka
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 27, 2013

hot and cold water available room is clean everything is great food is ok. location is very good also excellent care for guest i enjoy our vacation in this hotel excellent great exuberance thank u nepalaya hotel

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank narayan_7net
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Hotel Nepalya has everything you'd want and need for a comfortable accommodation in the heart of Thamel. Although hidden away in an isolated and slightly intimidating alley way the rooms are large, clean, well appointed and great hot showers. Friendly manager, Milan is also available to offer great assistance and advice on any trekking adventures you may be planning. Thanks Milan and staff for a great holiday.
Jan and Philip East
Perth
Western Australia

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Janiceanneast
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for six nights and enjoyed the helpfulness of the staff and the location of the hotel. We were slightly disappointed that our room wasn't cleaned during our stay and thus, we had to request clean towels regularly. We also didn't appreciate the tour guide who visited the hotel continually bothering us whilst we sat eating. The men who served the breakfast and drinks were friendly and couldn't do enough to help us and the staff on reception were brilliant; we will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple