“Nepalaya highly recommended but avoid Annapurna guest house”
Review of Hotel Nepalaya

Hotel Nepalaya
Ranked #56 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in 2011 and was very happy there. I don't know what other people expect from Nepal. The first time I arrived in Nepal, I booked via the Internet a place called Annapurna guest house. Some staff supposed to wait for me at airport it dindn't happen. There was nobody and if it wasn't for people from hotel Nepalaya, my first impression about Nepal would be very disappointing. Not only they took me to Thamel for free but helped me to move my luggage to Nepalaya hotel the following hotel for free (Thank you Badri;). I'd say don't stay in Annapurna gh because I felt harrased the time I entered this place. The manager told me that apparatly I sent him e-mail saying that I don't require pick up from the hotel. When I asked him to show me this email, he said he's already erased that;). Then he demanded money for the pick up which was done by staff I met coincidently at the airport (the staff from hotel Nepalaya). So as you can see, I can only recommend hotel Nepalaya. It's centrally located, staff are extremely helpful and attentive. I consider Milan (the manager) as a friend and if come back to Nepal I'll definitely contact him. Good luck. E.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Anna2507

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked a suite in the Nepalaya Hotel, and arrived late at night. I received a double room instead. After checking the reservation on my mail, I went back to the reception where I was verbally agressed and almost insulted by the manager. After some arguments and some vague explanations, I eventually received the room I booked and paid. The next day, the room was not cleaned when I came back from a city trip. Upon request told me once again the manager. So, I requested ( first time iin my life ) that the room is beeing cleaned every day. Same for the towels, I had to go to the reception to ask fresh towels. After 3 nights, they tried to charge me items from the mini bar I did not consumed. And also tried to make me pay an extra because I used my credit card via a reservation site. This place is a shame and left me with a bitter taste in the month. There are plenty of nice hotel in Kathmandu and certainely not recommend this one. Others guests were also complaining during my stay. To avoid urgently !!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Vincehk88
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Good, clean hotel with polite stuff and friendly visitors:))) highly recommended restorane on the roof top of the hotel and if you would like to have trekking or sightseen they will arrange it as well. We've had a good guide during our trip to Nepal.

I've got a lot of positive memories during my visit to this amazing country. Hope to come back soon:)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nika S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Help your self. Dont even think of booking this hotel. CHEATERS.
I booked this hotel for three days recently , but I was so humilated and uncomfortable that I had to leave the hotel a day earlier. I booked a deluxe room this month from 11/09/12 to 13/09/12 and I even called the hotel and asked for a transport but to my surprise I was told I had to pay for the transport which i agreed even though all other hotels includes transport as part of the booking. However I was disgusted to find out no transport when I arrived on the airport and when I reached the hotel catching a taxi no one came for more than ten minutes to help me with my luggage and as it was raining that day I was left wet in the rain.
Also as per the deluxe room facilities it should have refrigerator and bath tub too but i was given a room without bath tub. And to my shock the next day I was shifted from that room too to a normal suite room which had no freeze no bath tub, oh forget that no furniture, gossss!!!.
And when I complained about it instead of being sorry the manager tries to argue with you.
I honestly regret the day when I booked this hotel. i would say NO NO NO No a big big big NO to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vinod145
ACMilan1984, Manager at Hotel Nepalaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear valued Guest!
Greetings from Hotel Nepalaya!
First of all I and Hotel Nepalaya family would like to give you many thanks that you visited our Hotel and we are so happy to hear your experience about our Hotel. You might know that you have booked your Accommodation through agoda.com we had mentioned their about our Room facilities which mean there are not Freeze provided in Deluxe Room we provides Freeze only on suite Rooms, But I am sorry for your Room Shifted . As I knew that you have stayed at Room Number: 308 which has always bathtub since our Hotel Building is Build. Regarding your Day earlier Check out, Please do not forget that you are our Valued Nepali Guest So as I Understand the reason of earlier checked was to see your Relatives. By the way you got checked late hour. Anyway as we are always Respect as “Guest is God “so we do respect your Opinion about our Hotel Even it is much more exaggerate , We are expecting to see you at Hotel Nepalaya again for our better service present. Finally we are sorry for our direct or indirect mistakes .Wish you a very good time and good Journey to Home. Thank you for your time on trip advisior to share your experience.
Milan Adhikari and Hotel Nepalaya Family.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was in this hotel on 25th to 28th of Aug 12, all hotel staff are very friendly and cooperative, specialy Mr. DB one of the owner of this hotel, he is a very nice person and extreamly helpful. I'll stay in this hotel again when I visit next time Nepal.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nawshad A
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I tried 3 hotels in Kathmandu and Nepalaya Hotel is defenetily the BEST ONE.
The staff is great.Always ready to help. Always ready to give you good tips.
The view in the roof top is amazing where you can see the whole Kathmandu and the valleys.
The pancakes the morning are gorgeous especially the ones with bananas and honey
It is really well located
The rooms are ok. Way enough. Hot water always and AC.
Go for it you will not regret.
And clean hotel by the way

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kareem a
Reviewed August 17, 2012

i can easily say that this is very friendly and comfortable hotel in Kathmandu,and i have a good experience about it.very good staff,good stuff for meal,a beautiful rooftop restaurant,a good view from window side,a comfortable lift,and free wi-fi also, i can suggest to every one for stay here in Kathmandu.

Room Tip: room no 603