“Excellent service on all counts”

Funny Nepal Treks & Expedition - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Managing Director and Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions (P) Ltd.The name of the company might sound quite peculiar to our clients; however, let us delve into how the company received its name. Customers and clients who became up close with Mr. Dhamala started casually calling him "Fani"; and this became his "nickname" and since then the name has stuck - so, inorder to identify with the company he runs, the agency became "Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions". Mr. Dhamala had humble beginnings as a porter which gradually saw him turn into a seasoned mountain guide and also Managing Director at the said agency; this he has been doing for the last 10 years. The porters, guides and staff working at Funny Nepal are government licensed individuals who have undergone intensive training and are always updated on modern equipment and saftey measures. They are friendly and affable with their clients and are very enthusiastic about their profession.Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions has had 18 years of expertise and experience in the field of tourism and is run by a team of seasoned experts who have handled clients coming from every nook and corner of the world. These clients bear testimony to our services. Reliability and professionalism coupled with our care have made our treks, expeditions and adventures a memorable one for our clients. We provide services in multiple areas of tourism and ensure that it is tailor-made for your personal requirements. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority as our reputation is something we value more than anything else. We are also open to advice and suggestions of our clients and customers.We make arrangements for services and equipments in trekking, expeditions, hiking, city sightseeing, helicopter tours, jungle safari, river rafting and kayaking, paragliding, honey hunting, cultural tours, bungee jumping, mountain biking and many more, and all these suited to your personal needs and requirements.Our services extend beyond Nepal to Bhutan , Sikkim , Tibet and Darjeeling . We also make arrangements for your stay at some of the best budget and high end hotels and lodges.Our company is affiliated to Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Trekking Agents Association of Nepal (TAAN), Kathmandu Environmental Education Project (KEEP) and Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA). Our staff are well-versed in languages like English, Hindi, French, Italian, Spanish and various many other languages.If you want your adventure holiday to be an exciting and memorable one, just call us contact us at the given numbers and addresses, and we will gladly be of service to you.
Bangkok, Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Excellent service on all counts”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I hired Bishnu as our guide for the Gosainkunda trek, and were delighted with his service.

We found Funny Nepal by sheer good luck; we were walk-in customers. After having visited numerous other trekking agencies, it was obvious to us that Funny Nepal -- and especially the manager, Mr. Fanindra -- was far superior to the competition. We had lots of questions, and Mr. Fanindra gladly answered them all. And he promptly replied to all of our phone calls, text messages and emails. In short, he was extremely professional.

We chose Bishnu as our guide because he does not smoke or drink, is gentle and polite, and knows the trails inside out. Throughout the trek, he catered to our every whim, never complained, and did his utmost to ensure our comfort.

While on the trail, we met numerous other trekkers whose guides turned out to be nightmares: rude, glued to their phones, drinkers, and nags. We were so fortunate to have no such problems with Bishnu. He is a saint!

We highly recommend booking your trek with Funny Nepal. But please book in advance if you'd like Bishnu as your guide; he is very popular.

1 Thank LingBKK
Fanindra D, Manager at Funny Nepal Treks & Expedition - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear John,
we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and trek to Langtang/Gosainda with our Guide Bishnu Lamichhane. we are really proud of Bishnu as our guide . thank you so much for taking time for review in TripAdvisor. we promise to make excellent trip for nay of your recommendation who need our assistance. please do let us know if there any information you may need about our country so we can provide you right way. wish you have good life , peace and successful too. god bless you.
with Best Regards
Funny Nepal Treks and Team

canoga park
3 attraction reviews
“Great adventures with Funny Nepal”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My best friend and I flew to Kathmandu and had no plans. Then we were fortunate enough to meet with Funny Nepal. Funny Nepal gave us the best service, most reliable staff, and fun activities. Funny Nepal arranged all of the transportation and we were able to see Mt. Everest on a mountain flight, go sight seeing, and trekking for two days. Our guides were Tom and Babin, I highly recommend them for their professionalism and fun attitudes.
Our driver was always a gentlemen named Subaz who was on time and got us where we needed to be. Once my best friend left, Funny Nepal sent me to Pokhara where I went paragliding and sight seeing. I recommend all of these adventures and people to anywhere who wants a ton of fun at a fair price and no headaches. Enjoy

Jason Johnson

Visited November 2013
Sliac, Slovakia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour company, great guide”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did three days hike around Kathmandu and its surrounding countryside with Funny Nepal and it turned out to be best choice for me, reliable, flexible and fun. My tour guide was Uttam, not only fantastic guide, with lot of knowledge about Nepal and its history, but also a wonderful person and now a good friend. He is great company, his English is fantastic, whole trip felt like spending time with friend, having conversations and laughing a lot. I was a solo traveller first time in Nepal, and thanks to Funny Nepal thoroughly enjoyed my trip. Thank you guys and looking forward to my next trip to Nepal and seeing you again!

Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Great Trek with Funny Nepal”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited Nepal last week with my boyfriend , and we join the tour of Funny Nepal .We visited Pokhara.I really love this trekking . This is my first treks , and i got a nice care by our tour guide from Funny Nepal,they are Uttam and Babin.I will certainly use their service again and recommend to all my friends. :)

Visited November 2013
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great trekking options”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had the chance to take one of their trekking trips in 2011 and couldn't be more satisfied. Uttam, one of their tour guides, was very informative and friendly throughout our 2 day trek on Himalayas. I recommend this place to everyone!

Visited December 2012