“Great tour company, great guide”

Funny Nepal Treks & Expedition - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Managing Director and Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions (P) Ltd.The name of the company might sound quite peculiar to our clients; however, let us delve into how the company received its name. Customers and clients who became up close with Mr. Dhamala started casually calling him "Fani"; and this became his "nickname" and since then the name has stuck - so, inorder to identify with the company he runs, the agency became "Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions". Mr. Dhamala had humble beginnings as a porter which gradually saw him turn into a seasoned mountain guide and also Managing Director at the said agency; this he has been doing for the last 10 years. The porters, guides and staff working at Funny Nepal are government licensed individuals who have undergone intensive training and are always updated on modern equipment and saftey measures. They are friendly and affable with their clients and are very enthusiastic about their profession.Funny Nepal Treks & Expeditions has had 18 years of expertise and experience in the field of tourism and is run by a team of seasoned experts who have handled clients coming from every nook and corner of the world. These clients bear testimony to our services. Reliability and professionalism coupled with our care have made our treks, expeditions and adventures a memorable one for our clients. We provide services in multiple areas of tourism and ensure that it is tailor-made for your personal requirements. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority as our reputation is something we value more than anything else. We are also open to advice and suggestions of our clients and customers.We make arrangements for services and equipments in trekking, expeditions, hiking, city sightseeing, helicopter tours, jungle safari, river rafting and kayaking, paragliding, honey hunting, cultural tours, bungee jumping, mountain biking and many more, and all these suited to your personal needs and requirements.Our services extend beyond Nepal to Bhutan , Sikkim , Tibet and Darjeeling . We also make arrangements for your stay at some of the best budget and high end hotels and lodges.Our company is affiliated to Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Trekking Agents Association of Nepal (TAAN), Kathmandu Environmental Education Project (KEEP) and Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA). Our staff are well-versed in languages like English, Hindi, French, Italian, Spanish and various many other languages.If you want your adventure holiday to be an exciting and memorable one, just call us contact us at the given numbers and addresses, and we will gladly be of service to you.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did three days hike around Kathmandu and its surrounding countryside with Funny Nepal and it turned out to be best choice for me, reliable, flexible and fun. My tour guide was Uttam, not only fantastic guide, with lot of knowledge about Nepal and its history, but also a wonderful person and now a good friend. He is great company, his English is fantastic, whole trip felt like spending time with friend, having conversations and laughing a lot. I was a solo traveller first time in Nepal, and thanks to Funny Nepal thoroughly enjoyed my trip. Thank you guys and looking forward to my next trip to Nepal and seeing you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited Nepal last week with my boyfriend , and we join the tour of Funny Nepal .We visited Pokhara.I really love this trekking . This is my first treks , and i got a nice care by our tour guide from Funny Nepal,they are Uttam and Babin.I will certainly use their service again and recommend to all my friends. :)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had the chance to take one of their trekking trips in 2011 and couldn't be more satisfied. Uttam, one of their tour guides, was very informative and friendly throughout our 2 day trek on Himalayas. I recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I had decided to splurge for our 45th anniversary and trekking was not an option!
We contacted several companies by email and decided to use Funny Nepal treks because of Mr. Fanindra Dhamala always prompt and detailed answers to all our questions.Upon our arrival in Kathmandu we met Mr. Dhamala and he explained in details what the helicopter tour entails. For close to 4 hours we would fly first to Lukla then on to Everest base camp and after we would land at Mt Everest hotel for breakfast before returning to Kathmandu. Of course all that was weather permitting and we had a window of a few days. On the first day we were able to fly with perfect weather and no wind. Mr. Dhamala's young son came with us and he was the perfect companion for the trip. It was an unbelievable experience leaving the smog of Kathmandu behind and seeing the Himalayas come closer and closer. We loved every seconds of it. During our stop at the hotel we met a few locals and enjoyed coffee with Mt Everest right in front of us. We are seasoned world travelers but this was THE trip to remember! So ok: it is expensive but my husband and I can enthusiastically say that it was worth every cents. Thanks to Mr. Dhamala's attention to details we enjoyed the excursion of a lifetime.
Finally a word about altitude: we live all year around at 2500 meters and even though it is "baby mountain" compared to the Himalayas, this probably provided us with a rapid acclimatization and neither felt any negative effect. We have asked Mr. Dhamala to organize a few other tours (without helicopter unfortunately...) and we will report on those later. But after our experience with the helicopter ride we can recommend Funny Nepal Treks as an excellent company.

3  Thank sarah4171
Fanindra D, Owner at Funny Nepal Treks & Expedition - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Catherine and Jean,
Thank you so much for taking time to review us in TripAdvisor. Glad to hear that you enjoyed Helicopter trip to Mt Everest Base camp. we always happy to arrange this trip for any of your friend and relatives who ever plan to visit Nepal for near future. we wish you both have great time in Nepal and we do promise to make further your holiday an excellent and life time preciseness too.

good luck and god bless you.
with Best Regards
Funny Nepal Trek and team

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Visited Nepal last week with my girlfriends, and my friends recommend us to contact Funny Nepal Trekking Agency , so we joined their tour and visit next town Pokhara. We have a nice caring by their tour guide. i will certainly use their service again and would highly recommend this to others.