“Private Dining...”

Bu Keba The Organic Village Cafe`
Ranked #466 of 761 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have ample seating area including: -Outdoor seating -Indoor Lounge -Treehouse (Machans) -Conference hall On Saturdays we have a small farmers market where we have local vendors selling organic fruits & vegetables, organic grains, milk products, organic bakery items, dips, honey, ghee, etc We also serve breakfast along with our farmers market
Kansas City, Missouri
“Private Dining...”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

If you wish. The private dining rooms are quite nice. Either floor seating on cushions (upstairs) or low seats (downstairs). Wood, cushions, gauze-like curtains... Nice. Though you probably need a reservation or to arrive early to snag one.

Had the spinach and paneer ravioli tonight. Very nice. Hearty. Cooked exactly right. Nice "farmers" (tomato-based) sauce. The garlic bread was covered in fresh garlic. Dark bread, quite yummy.

Friend had the pesto spaghetti. It was supposed to come with toasted walnuts on top. She had to ask for the walnuts and then they arrived untoasted (but quickly). The spaghetti appears home-made.

Had a capirinha (made with rum, so not REALLY a capirinha). But it was certainly passable. My friend had the mojito. Quite decent, though not the best in Kathmandu.

I had 2 capirinhas, the ravioli, and the garlic bread for about 1350 NPR (Roughly $15 USD).

All in all, a nice visit. I'd certainly return. (And I will!)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank travelgail

Montana
“Unusual dishes, gracious setting”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The outdoor curtain booths are romantic at night. I recommend the buckwheat crepes - the wild boar was solid fat, although tasty. Avoid it if you don't like fat on your meat. The momos were tasty - the sauce was especially delicious.

Visited June 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bashanta Basnet was great!!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

It was the first time we had been to this organic restaurant with friends. Bashanta made our dining experience awesome. He suggested us the varieties of food along with their nutritious values....In over all the ambiance, quality of food, level of service, way of interaction with guest is superb. Mr Bashanta made our dining experience delight....

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Toljit
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic place to "dine"!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've been to Organic Village twice now and I've left happily stuffed each time. My favorite place to sit is in the multi-level outdoor private dinning rooms. With cushions and floor seating it has a very classy but relaxed atmosphere. This is a great place to go an enjoy a wonderful evening with some friends as the rooms are spacious (seating about 8) or to treat yourself or impress a newcomer. On top of that, the food is excellent, well-spiced and leaves you with many options - both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Choices range from fire oven pizzas to curries to braised lamb. This is truly a great "dinning" spot in the heart of Jawalakhel. I already have plans to go back for thirds.

• Visited March 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Go, and go often”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed at the Summit Hotel in Patan, on the outskirts of Kathmandu, after my month-long Annapurna Trek, and absolutely loved Bu'keba, which was a short walk away. I had several lunches in the outdoor courtyard, and a lovely candlelit dinner one night, and the food was excellent without fail.

It was wonderful to see the attention placed on good quality, healthy, locally-sourced food.

• Visited October 2011