“Delivers What You Expect: Yummy Cheesy Pizza”
Review of Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut
Ranked #170 of 780 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Most westerners think of Pizza Hut as just another unhealthy capitalist corporation. However, this doesn't mean that it should be avoided.
The franchise in Durbar Marg delivers a spicy Indian twist on the usual Pizza Hut fare. You can still expect plenty of mozzarella smothering your pizza though. I find the pizza here to be great. Nice, thick dough and crust. Plenty of cheese to clog up my arteries (One of my favourite pastimes). The local toppings are also delicious.
Today, the service here was pleasant. My waitress had a wide smile on her face whenever she came to my table. Her English was great and she was informative. Also a great upseller, which the manager must enjoy.
While you can get bigger pizzas for better prices in other restaurants in Kathmandu, Pizza Hut still serves you pizza that you will enjoy. For an expat living in KTM like myself, it is a nice little piece of home that you can indulge in whenever you feel like getting away from the Nepalese lifestyle. I've been here a few times and found it to be the perfect guilty pleasure. My hypothesis is that this restaurant would be ranked much higher on Trip Advisor if it wasn't operating under the Pizza Hut. Whenever I go to Pizza Hut there are always other diners there. So they must be doing something right.

1  Thank geelongexpat
There are newer reviews for Pizza Hut

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I assumed to be standard Pizza Hut service but the staff was very caring and I have never received food delivered to perfection as request.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was expecting the traditional Pizza Hut menu that I had known from previous years. While I expect some menu changes to suit local market, this didn't even reflect what I know and love about Pizza Hut. No wi-fi, either. Definitely not worth the visit.

6  Thank Jan_BKathmandu
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Located in the posh shopping area of Kathmandu, Durbar Marg, the pizzas here are average and the quality has declined since it first opened. The prices are not cheap but not too expensive considering the location. However, the drinks are a bit on the expensive side.

I go there if I happen to be around the area and want a quick bite. Else, there are better pizzerias in Kathmandu (most of them in Thamel) which serve much better and more authentic pizzas.

The service however is good and the waiters appear attentive. However, I would prefer to communicate in Nepali rather than the forced English they churn out.

2  Thank swazzer
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Come on..when one can eat pizzas smothered in the best mozzarella and toppings, in Thamel,it is a waste of money to eat Indianised pizzas for the same price or even higher, with very little in the basic topping category.

4  Thank kadambini