“first-rate service, well-trained staff, excellent value”

Seeing Hands Clinic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Seeing Hands Clinics offer a unique massage experience from professionally-trained visually impaired massage therapists. It operates as a social enterprise, providing training and jobs for blind people in Nepal. There are four clinics in Nepal, three in Kathmandu in Thamel, Patan and Boudha, and one in Pokhara.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was suffering from chronic, lower back pain and wary of notorious "massage parlors" in Thamel, Kathmandu, but a friend recommended "Seeing Hands." They were professional, their English was fluent and they impressed me with a very vigorous, deep, sport-medicine-style, thorough massage. My back is on it's way to healing for the first time in a long time. The very personable, young man, from Lumbini, Ramji, treated me, and I would not hesitate to recommend him in particular. Thanks again Ramji!
-Brett Johnson, USA

1  Thank Brett J

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was listed on trip advisor so we decided to give it a try. We made our reservations by phone from our hotel. No one had ever heard of the place, we had a heck of a time finding it. It seemed a little seedy when we first arrived, but the massage was divine. I recommend the sports massage to get out the kinks from the plane ride.

1  Thank HarrietteTaylor
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can only say I know two things very well - tea and massages. I loved the experience at Seeing Hands. The masseur targeted injured muscles quicker than someone with sight and he solely worked on those muscles. One of the best massages I have ever experienced. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After my trek I needed a massage so went to the clinic - it was good and lasted an hour. The masseur was good, he had excellent English and chatted freely during the massage. He asked to tell him if he was hurting me and when I told him I did he reduced the pressure. The reception was well organized and the staff very friendly. It was clear from where he concentrated his efforts where he found knots and worked hard to remove them - it was a good experience and I was pleased to support this worthwhile endeavour.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had a great massage at Seeing Hands Clinic.
My masseur, Ramji, was really good ... Great technique and English.
He has been interviewed 3 times before got accepted there.

Highly recommended. Wish I can come back for more massage.