“Really nice staff but rooms could be a lot better.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cascade Pvt. Ltd.

Hotel Cascade Pvt. Ltd.
Ranked #140 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Pokhara
“Really nice staff but rooms could be a lot better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

The chaps were great although if you want to know anything like time of breakfast you have to ask because they dont tell you ! I had to ask for towels then i got wet ones, the room wasn't very clean and yes it was noisy with the dogs barking and bells being rung all hours however the temple is right opposite so if you dont mind this and you want to be right in the middle of it then its all good. To access the wi-fi you need to be on a lower floor which was a pain. The manager booked me a flight to Pokhara short notice when i got let down which was great. I rated this hotel average because the room did not have all the facilities that the website stated like hairdyer, towels etc. If you want the real basics with friendly staff then this place is for you.

Room Tip: Lower floors near the back to ensure less noise and wifi access.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Butterflytonepal
HotelCascade, Owner at Hotel Cascade Pvt. Ltd., responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor and your comment. It was our great pleasure to serve you in Hotel Cascade. We will definitely improve our service. Our first priority will be to provide quality service to our every customer. Once again thank you very much for your great suggestion and Wishes.
Sanam Manandhar
Managing Director
Hotel Cascade, Kathmandu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have been traveling to Nepal once every three years for past 11 years. I was very surprised how clean the hotel was considering rest of other hotels in Thamel area . The staff and management were very nice and well looked after their guest.I even got free pickup from Airport didn't get that in India . The price were very good for brand new hotel . It definitely exceed my expectations during my trip . If they can keep this kind of tidiness and service will always stay there .

Room Tip: ask for air conditioned room as it is optional though Kathmandu's weather is never humid .
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

New hotel with best feature is cleanliness of the bedroom and bathroom. The hotel is close to Thamel but not really walking distance at night time. Make sure to ask for bedroom at the back of hotel unless you want to be kept awake by ringing bells and barking dogs.Tings Tea House is one street away and is a much nicer option with a great cafe.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I did not know what to expect before visiting this naturally beautiful country but now I can say it is a place everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. My travel agent screwed my plans and I almost thought I was going to waste few days and few hundred bucks, but thanks to Hotel Cascade I was able to switch to new travel plans seamlessly. I was pleased with the service and it did not cost me any more money than I would have paid to the previous travel agent. I am thankful to Hotel Cascade for putting effort to make my vacation hassle free when everything could have gone wrong. I almost feel like I should have my plans arranged through them for the next visit – I will see if they will do that for me.
Hotel itself was nice, clean and comfortable. Hotel staffs were courteous and ready to help anytime. I liked the location of Lazimpat. I suggest not to book hotels in Thamel area unless you like being heckled by peddlers every time you get in and out of your hotel. I checked my friend’s hotel in Thamel, it did not pass my standard of cleanliness. Make sure to try Nepali cuisine in the restaurant call Nepali Chulo(??) which is literally a minute walk from the hotel. If you have a day to spare ask at the reception about the events happening in Kathmandu. Kathmandu is culturally very rich and there is always something. I spent much of my time outside Kathmandu, in my next visit I will spent little more time in Kathmandu. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jason R
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

So far this has been the best experience in Nepal with hotel. We liked the location. It is very close to most of the good restaurants, embassies and business. The staffs were amazing and services were excellent. We will definitely return to Cascade next spring with my kids.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple