“Imagine Cockroaches in your plate!”
Review of Food Bazaar

Food Bazaar
Ranked #540 of 747 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Chinese, Italian, Nepali
France
“Imagine Cockroaches in your plate!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had the worst experience in my life in this restaurant. I ordered some kind of typical set of Nepali meal which was the worst selection. I started eating the meal but later I saw there were two cockroaches in my plate. I called the waiter and he changed it to another dish and again I got two more cockroaches. I vomited in the bathroom and the whole day I felt quite different with the body. Poor management, poor meals and poor experience. I won't recommend anyone to go there.

• Visited August 2013

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Don't let the menu prices fool you”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

One look at their extensive menu and reasonable prices, you might think you chose a good place in Thamel, the terrace setting is not so bad if you don't mind the busy street below. But when your bill finally arrives, you don't really want to come back here again, what with a whopping 25 percent tax on the food bill. Elsewhere in Thamel, a 13 percent tax is pretty much the norm.
Food was just average, certain dishes had a more than a generous amount of salt in them. Service was pretty quick and they did have some good skills in the presentation department.

• Visited July 2013
Shaoxing, China
“Maybe I chose the wrong dishes”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was hoping to like this place as I was staying in Kathmandu for some time and the menu was extensive and cheap... I ordered the massaman which was incredibly salty... my partner had the korma which was tasteless... her food cam 30 minutes after mine....

Maybe the other dishes are good...

• Visited July 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Good Place to eat, read, use wifi, have a meal or a drink.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

There are many types of food and drink choices plus good seating in Food Bazaar. The service was good for us and the servers were very friendly. They even charged my mobile phone for me.
Good menu selections from the many cooks preparing or cooking each ethnic selection in it's own kitchen. I ordered a Nepali salad with Yak cheese which was freshly prepared and had a delicious dressing with fresh herbs. Most of the dishes I saw being served looked great.
I will be going back for sure.

• Visited June 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Excellent Northern Indian food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Right in the middle of Thamel, just south of the main junction. Entrance at the side of the supermarket. Therefore a bit noisy especially when the club opposite sounds off. Some little balconies over the street for those who want to watch the world go by.
Five cuisines and a pub but we ate Indian here - several times. The Indian cooking is Northern/Afghani - richly but delicately flavoured with little chilli, the way we like it. The Nepali snacks were much hotter though. Excellent service perhaps partly because the restaurant was practically deserted while we were there - unjustly so we feel.

• Visited April 2013