“Best Hotel of Kathmandu”
Review of Hotel Family Home

Hotel Family Home
Ranked #5 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed August 25, 2014

As I was travelling to Nepal from UK. I end up staying in Hotel Family Home for 2 weeks. Nevertheless, I enjoyed staying here because it was near to Shopping centre. The environment was too friendly. Eventually, I would stay here again when ever I visit to Nepal.

1  Thank JohnS2961YD

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is a hotel with fantastic views, welcoming and friendly staff, clean and well-situated both in the room and across the wider hotel, is in a great location with roof top restaurants at the centre of Thamel near from durbar square. I recommended to you all guys have to stay once then you will feel proud of yourself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SaralaPandey
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this guest house during our stay in kathmandu. I was here for 2 weeks and my sister for over 6 weeks. We enjoyed our stay here. Located in thamel, so its close to everything you need. Staff here are amazing. The manager here also helped to arrange for our trek and we had an enjoyable experience there as well! Only thing was wifi was not strong in the rooms. But had no troubles in the hallways. Not a big deal. I would stay here again, and would also recommend this to others.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank aneelo
Reviewed August 4, 2014

After getting sick and having to wait for my Indian visa, I ended up staying at Hotel Family Home much longer than anticipated- nearly three weeks. The staff was always friendly and even brought hot lemon with honey to my room while I nursed a sore throat. They are eager to help and provide a comfortable place to stay. My only criticism is that initially they were overly solicitive, asking about plans and if they could make any arrangements. I like knowing help is available when I need it, but not being approached while eating breakfast to answer a bunch of questions. This, of course, is my personal feeling and some people like staff to be more proactive in this area. Overall, it's a small criticism and my stay was very pleasant. The rooms are clean and spacious and they are conveniently located in the heart of Thamel, down a small alley way so it's slightly away from the horns of the main roads. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Shelley916
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Arriving in Kathmandu my car was met by someone from the hotel at the main street and immediately he started to carry my heavy suitcase to the Hotel Family Home and my welcome to the family had started. When I woke in the morning I went to the roof garden for breakfast and was greeted with a smile as I was every time I passed a member of the staff for the 5 nights of my stay.
The hotel is so convenient to the Square, Monkey Temple, Garden of Dreams, restaurants, shopping. I wanted to take a day trip to Bakatapor and the manager arranged for a private car for me which took me there and to several other sites on the same day at a very reasonable rate with a friendly English speaking driver.
I would stay here the next visit to Kathmandu, the staff is so friendly, location so convenient and the price is very fair.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for about a month. Clean rooms and hot shower; the rooms were airy, well-furnished and spacious. Awesome staff who treat you like family. They really care about your comfort and stay. My travel plans kept changing and the staff accomodated my plans. Breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and the rooftop was beautiful. Spotty WiFi in the rooms, but hallways & stairs were strong & I found a couch on the 8th floor for all my Skype calls which worked just as well!

Location is in the heart of Thamel so easy access to everything you need within a 2-5 min walk - atms, inexpensive restaurants, supermarket, laundry, internet cafe. We wanted to book a trek and the manager, Kapil, was very helpful in arranging for the trek and also offered us a very competitive price.

My sister also came by later during my travels and she was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of this place.

We had a great time during our stay here & would totally recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The name is sincere; when you arrive at Hotel Family Home you are treated like a member of the family! I stayed at this hotel for one month and it has been nothing but one positive experience after another. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help you with any request you may have. Whenever we needed directions, suggestions, or booking for site seeing and treks they were immediately there, map in hand, willing to explain things step by step. The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms are modern with nice and clean bedding and washrooms. There is always hot water, wifi and the fan in the rooms works very well, almost like air conditioning, although I have been told by staff they are in the process of installing real air con units in all rooms. I split a room with three beds between three people and the price worked out to approximately 9 dollars/night/person with breakfast included everyday. The breakfasts were always great and made with fresh produce purchased that morning. The menu is quite extensive with continental style american breakfasts, as well as traditional Nepali style dishes. I mostly ended up having banana pancakes or muesli with fruit yogurt every morning, which were both yummy meals. Breakfast is served on their cool rooftop patio which over looks almost all of Kathmandu valley; the views are quite breathtaking when the sky is clear. The kitchen is open from 7 am to 11 am, although if you have to leave before it opens, you can specify the night before at the front desk. I did this multiple times and they were always happy to make me a packed breakfast to-go. Also, whenever we needed a bottled water throughout the day they were happy to provide it to us at no cost as well. Aside from these points, I just want to reiterate how friendly and helpful all the staff at this hotel were to my friends and myself. They honestly made my month stay in Nepal a memorable experience.

Room Tip: lower floors have better wifi