“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Family Home

Hotel Family Home
Ranked #6 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

這間飯店很新,配有冷氣以及有萬用插座多個、地點極佳卻又非常安靜、屋頂早餐非常棒很豐盛景觀也很讚、房間很大很乾淨、員工很熱情,離各景點都非常近,是一間值得推薦的好飯店,適合各種類型的旅客!!!
This hotel is very nice and clean. The stuffs are so warm and give us so Mach help. Also they have air condition inside the room , and the room is very big. The location is good and quiet. Really a nice hotel for all kinds of tourism.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely hotel in Thamel, Big light clean rooms, great breakfast,all staff were friendly and attentive, the air conditioning big tv and hot showers!!! would definitely stay here again next time i am in nepal

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, rooms plus general hotel were kept spotless. Staff was very attentive pleasant place for shopping and visit; we will definitely stay there again. Roof top garden was so nice and was very pleasant to have breakfast on rooftop.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Staying here is okay. For the extremely high ratings and the moderate price point, I was a bit disappointed. There are bugs flying around in the room, but not in exorbitant amounts. Rooms are a bit old. Breakfast is good. Staff friendly for the most part. I was transferred to a nicer room for free on my second night there which was nice.

I do agree with the other reviewer here: do your own research about prices they suggest for taxis, tours, etc. because what they suggest is not right. This is where I felt uncomfortable. They insist they don't make any money from these services because they are "just a hotel", but either they are lying or they don't bother trying to give you a good price.

Bottom line: not a bad option, but there are better options out there. I'm back in Kathmandu now but I'm staying somewhere else paying less than half of what I paid to stay in Hotel Family Home and I'm much more satisfied here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Kathmandu can be a bit overwhelming for the first-time visitor. Family Home Hotel in the heart of the bustling Thamel district is a welcoming oasis with extremely warm and helpful staff. The hotel manager, Mr. Kapil Prandey, is very dedicated to the comfort and convenience of his hotel's guests. Babu at the front desk provided exceptional assistance throughout my stay, holding my luggage while I was trekking, helping me recharge batteries, arranging for taxis and orienting me to the shops and area around the hotel. I enjoyed speaking in English with him and learning a little Nepali too! The rooms are spacious and clean. And once the shops close their heavy metal doors, the hotel is very quiet. For the tired trekker there is also a spa next to the hotel lobby and a wonderful little Japanese restaurant downstairs that serves up comfort food. I highly recommend this hotel for solo or family travelers.

Room Tip: Room 703 had a nice view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed 4 nights on hotelfamilyhome, I found it very well mannered and beautiful hotel. All staffs membered were well discipline.It had got good rooftop view in resealable prices.The best thing about this hotel is excellent wifi and delicious breakfast.i would highly recommend and like to thanks hotelfamilyhome.

Aneeta
Sydney, australia

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aneeta D
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here twice both when we arrived (2 nights) and prior to leaving (1 night). Both times the room was spacious and clean. The real highlight for us though were the helpful staff, especially Yougaraj Amgain. Yougaraj treated us like family helping us get to a local bus to Pokhara, checking in with us during our trip, and making sure we were off to our next adventure without a hitch. They also held our stuff for 25 days while we went trekking. There are also some nice restaurants within walking distance, and ATMs close by. Overall great experience, we highly recommend this hotel. Thanks again to our friend Yougaraj.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends