“Friendly staff, great locality, (friendly staff again), value for money”

OYO 115 Hotel Backyard
Ranked #27 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on October of 2012. For some reasons i was not able to write a review till now but i was kind of obliged to, because of the very nice time i had there and the nice people i met. I stayed there my first week in Nepal, Kathmandu. Very friendly staff from the first night, answered to all my questions and guided me in the city. Had nice sleep in the room, very comfortable with the basic and necessary facilities. Great locality in the heart of Thamel, although nice and quiet sleep. Do not hesitate to ask them about anything you worry about from how you catch the bus to Pokhara till the right price you should pay in the restaurant.
I did the Annapurna Circuit for 20 days and i asked them to keep a room for me when i will arrive back. I had a problem with my shell phone and even i didn't informed them about my arrival day, a room, better than this i asked, was ready for me on time!! I really recommend this hotel for everyone who would like a nice, clean place in the centre of Thamel with helpfull staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NIKOLAOS P
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 115 Hotel Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Guest from VERIA, Namaste!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad to know about your satisfaction with our service and property. It is nice to have your feedback. We will definitely take care of the negatives and positives we have at our hotel according to your feedback and try to improve very soon. Your review is definitely going to help us to do good. We look forward to provide even better service in future. All the best to you.

Backyard Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you are planning to visit Kathmandu and looking for best accommodation and your pocket side by side then Backyard in the heart of Thamel is your best bet,

I am giving it 5 Stars

Regards,
Haider.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Haider J
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 115 Hotel Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Haider, Namaste!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad that we were able to satisfy you in all ways and you had a great time at our hotel. Actually, that's what we have always worked for: customer satisfaction. Hope your recommendation is going to help other people to to have a nice stay in Kathmandu. This is a motivation for us and we will continue this. Thank you again. All the best to you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I found backyard hotel off the reviews on tripadvisor after staying at one other budget hotel and one proper hotel. For the price, backyard hotel is unbeatable.

The service was great and they upgraded me to a deluxe room free of charge which had a nice double bed and balcony. The room I stayed in had air-conditioning and a good bathroom with hot water that did not smell of rust or some other sort of metallic substance. There was also a flat screen television with satellite TV to keep you entertained.

Breakfast is included and comes with eggs, toast, jam, tea, and some potatoes.

I paid USD20/night in cash, although they do accept credit card for an additional 4% which is common in Thamel.

It is a bit hard to find at first, but once you know where it is, the location is perfect.

Room Tip: There are no elevators and the hotel is affected by load shedding a couple of hours/day. The lights...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear T.J. Kerner, Namaste!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Friend in Need is Friend Indeed......this phrase is Best for the Lovely and caring Staff of this Beautiful Backyard Hotel, They all became my good friends .

I went for a business work in KTM, Nepal and i stayed here for very long time in this hotel, Staff of this Hotel Mr. Durga, Sunil, Sagar, Amit all so lovely and caring guys, they helped me alot in each and evrything during my stay in nepal, starting from guiding me about various place where i had to visit for my work and they also helped me out in getting few new business contacts also........

Now about Hotel, they have different types of rooms for every category, all the rooms are very well maintained, properly cleaned and they have housekeeping staffs who cleans up ur room evry morning. Bathrooms and toilets are neat and clean, well maintained with hot and cold water shower 24hours. Wi Fi is also very good, speed is very good,

They serve Delicious breakfast on rooftop restaurant and they provide numbers of dishes on your demand also......But it has to be done in advance, Tea and coffee is available any time you want.

Little Ramesh the Chef or we can say that this Guy is the back bone for Backyard. He works very hard here. You order him and he will bring it for u , may it be midnyt or early morning, he will bring it to u with his lovely smile. he is a Great Asset for Backyard.

Location of this hotel is very good.. located in Hear of Thamel, most happening place in Kathmandu, u will love shopping here in thamel. And as far as the safety issue is concerned, u need not to be worried about safety and security in Backyard hotel, people at backyard are very honest and hardworking. No need to worry about anything.

I love my stay in this hotel, and will be staying again in this same hotel.
Thanks Mr. Durga and Sunil for evrything.
I recommend Everybody to stay in this HOTEL, Believe me you'll Love it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ravi t

Namaste Ravi Tyagi Ji,

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad that you liked our hotel and service. We had a great company too when you were here. Looking forward to see you again soon. Till then, have a great time there. And at last, we at Backyard Wish you a Happy and Prosperous Married Life. Thank you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was based in Nepal for about 5 months and traveled regularly between Pokhara and Kathmandu. Every time I stayed in Kathmandu I stayed at the Backyard Hotel. Not only does it have some great rooms and is very well strategically placed in Kathmandu and in Thamel but I kept going back for the great staff which made me feel welcome every time.

I often had hectic and last minute schedules but they always still managed to find a place for me to stay even when I dropped by unannounced. As much as possible they always reserved my favorite room without me even asking for it! Thamel is just perfect to get around Kathmandu since it is pretty much in the middle of everything.

Most of the rooms are constantly being upgraded with new aircons and new equipment. They serve breakfast every morning on the roof and this place is definitely good value for money.

I warmly recommend the Backyard hotel and hope to stay there to see all my friends from the Backyard team when I return to Nepal!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SamyinM
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 115 Hotel Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad that we were successful in satisfying you in all ways and you had a good time here. We would love to do the same always. You compliments are definitely going to motivate us to work harder and also help other guests like you to make the correct choice for the correct place for a nice time in Kathmandu. Looking forward to see you again. Till then have a great time there. All the best. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you are a budget traveler Backyard is the best hotel to be . The hotel was good with helpful staff. the rooms were clean and the service was excellent . quality service and service oriented staff are its attributes. If you want a safe place with quality service you must surely try this place

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent 6 weeks in Nepal for the first time, and it was amazing to have spent that time staying at Backyard Hotel. It's within minutes walk of Thamel shops without being too loud and busy. Staff and owners are lovely people, and always able to guide me and accommodate me in all instances. Felt like home away from home
Breakfast up in the rooftop every morning, really clean rooms, and good service throughout. Definitely gets my top recommendations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank YPCHE

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad that we were successful in satisfying you in all ways and you had a good time here. We would love to do the same always. I have shared this review with all our staffs and they are really pleased to know this. You compliments are definitely going to motivate us to work harder and also help other guests like you to make the correct choice for the correct place for a nice time in Kathmandu. Looking forward to see you again. Till then have a great time there. All the best. Thank you again.