“Amazing value, great staff! Perfect hotel!”
Review of Backyard Hotel

Backyard Hotel
Ranked #18 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
“Amazing value, great staff! Perfect hotel!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Free pickup from the airport. All the staff are friendly and very helpful. Location is one of the best parts as it is in the center of everything! Hotel provides private car for tours around the city with very competitive prices. Really good free breakfast on the rooftop of hotel. Hotel is a great value for the budget traveler!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Rambi13
Dear Rambi, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was great to have you guys at our hotel. We had a great time accommodating you at our hotel and glad you had the same staying here. We expect to see you in future. Have a great time till then. Cheers !!

regards,
SUNIL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

At first I didn't expect the hotel to be that good. When I reached there I was surprised to see the standard of the hotel. The service they provide is very good. When I was there I didn't feel like I am in Nepal. The experience that I have during the stay at the hotel is unforgettable. I would recommend to any tourists going to Nepal. It's just a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room no 303 would be an excellent choice as it has a comfy big bed, A/C, fridge, balcony and a great...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amesh G
Dear Amesh, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It is great to get these compliments of yours. We are glad that we were able to provide you beyond your expectations. We will surely like to see you again in future. Have a great time till then. Thank you.

Kind Regard,
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Though Backyard hotel is an international tourist hotel located in the main tourist centre of Nepal...Thamel, and me being the only Nepalese guest staying at the hotel, they gave me no chance to feel like I was a local here and no discrimination( ...which I have experienced in most tourist hotels in Thamel). Exceptionally clean and good rooms and the staffs make you feel like a VIP. Service is totally worth the money they charge.

I love staying in Thamel whenever I come to Kathmandu and I've found the perfect place from now on. Will surely stay here again in my next visit and hope it will be the same. Would like to thank the Backyard staffs for everything....

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Bivek, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. We are very glad to know that you liked our hotel. It was great to accommodate you in our hotel. Definitely, all our guests are the same for us. It doesn't matter which part of the world you are from. Our only target is our customer service and their satisfaction. Hope to see you again in future. Till then have a nice time wherever you are. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

O my goodness. I got more than what I expected at this place. Friendly employees, greatest Customer Services. People here are working as a team. The place looks great and clean. Every time I go to Nepal, I never miss that place. Simply Wonderful.

It is the Spot baby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bire Ndra P
TSUNEAL, Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Bire Ndra P, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. Nice to know that you had a good time staying our hotel. We really like your friendly attitude. I will surely share this with our staffs. Looking forward to see you in future and provide better services. Best of luck.

Kind Regards,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just checked in and m floored with the attitude, politeness and approach of all the staff of this hotel. Despite me changing the plans and date and duration, they just accommodated to all that I asked for and also upgraded. complimentary airport transfers, breakfast, In the heart of Thamel, yet on a quite lane, big clean room with hot and cold water, A/C, ensuite, you just get the double of what u pay...THese guys they understand your needs....Their Manager Mr. Sunil is very very helpful yet professional.. This is the first time I am writing a review just after check in because this hotel and the staff just made me so bound to do so with their service. I dont care what breakfast they serve me tomorrow, Or if it is hot or cold, but all I care is that these guys make you satisfied and happy right from the doorstep. Thank you guys!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank RitwikK
TSUNEAL, Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Ritwik and Madam, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank your for your wonderful review and thank you again for your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to have met you guys. We would absolutely try our best in making you stay more pleasant the next time you come here. All the best till then. Cheers !!!

Good Bless
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It was my first time to Nepal so I wanted something not too expensive and reasonably close to stuff. This property fit the bill.

Durga and his staff were way above and beyond. You see, the power is on a rolling outage that leaves the main power off several times during the day and night. The hotel has a battery unit that keeps a couple of lights on during these outages. My problem is during the night. You see, I sleep with a CPAP machine (a medical device) that needs power to operate. When the power goes off at its scheduled time during the night so does my machine. Now here's the way above and beyond part, Durga made arrangements with his electrician to change the battery power so that it powered up the outlet that my CPAP was plugged in to. What awesome service!!

We also had a little problem when we first arrived. My wife has hip issues and can't climb too many stairs. The hotel had reserved a nice room on the 3rd or 4th floor but we couldn't climb to that one so they graciously gave us a lesser room on the first floor. Unfortunately, it was just above the traffic and the noises from the neighborhood woke us real early.

All-in-all it was a very pleasant hotel with the amenities I expect for Nepal and India.

Great job Durga!

Room Tip: If you can climb the stairs take a top room. The view is great in the early morning and the patio o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim W
TSUNEAL, Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Jim, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

I have shared your words with all our crews and they really glad. Thank you for your encouragement. We at Backyard are delighted to hear that we once again succeeded in making our guest stay a memorable experience. We will keep thriving. We hope to see you in future.

Best Regards,
Sunil
midlands, uk
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The backyard was much better than the Eco thamel resort next door. The reasons being that Gurda and his team are very friendly and helpful to all their guests. If you needed any advise or help with anything they were there to assist. The rooms are fairly basic but thats what you get in katmandu. It was functional and the breakfast served on the roof terrace was excellent. They provide as much tea and coffee and you can drink 24/7. There is no lift in the hotel and the rooms go right up to the sixth floor. As we were trekking for 10 days we found the excersise did us good. On the Sunday after we arrived Gurda the manager arranged for a driver to take us around the sights of katmandu which worked out better than doing an organised tour. We had our own driver and spent as much time as we liked visiting the temples and shrines. The monkey temple was the best. Would highly recommend the backyard hotel to anyone visiting katmandu. A special thank you to Sagar on reception who was brilliant and spoke very good English. Would not hesitate to stay there again if in Nepal.

• Stayed April 2013
TSUNEAL, Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Julie and John, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for your review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a wonderful time we had with you guys. I have shared this with all our crews and they are really glad.

We are grateful for your patronage and we appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We have enjoyed serving you and would love to serve you better again!

Best wishes