OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel
$122
Radisson
$101
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$163
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$135
  • Pool
All reviewshot waterrooftop restaurantthe hotel staffairport pickupfree wifilocation is greatcomplimentary breakfastcentral thamelno elevatorclean roomseverest base camphotel is locatedgreat hospitalitytucked awaytourist areaside streetdeluxe room
Reviewed June 6, 2013

O my goodness. I got more than what I expected at this place. Friendly employees, greatest Customer Services. People here are working as a team. The place looks great and clean. Every time I go to Nepal, I never miss that place. Simply Wonderful.

It is the Spot baby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bire Ndra P
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Bire Ndra P, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. Nice to know that you had a good time staying our hotel. We really like your friendly attitude. I will surely share this with our staffs. Looking forward to see you in future and provide better services. Best of luck.

Kind Regards,
SUNIL

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just checked in and m floored with the attitude, politeness and approach of all the staff of this hotel. Despite me changing the plans and date and duration, they just accommodated to all that I asked for and also upgraded. complimentary airport transfers, breakfast, In the heart of Thamel, yet on a quite lane, big clean room with hot and cold water, A/C, ensuite, you just get the double of what u pay...THese guys they understand your needs....Their Manager Mr. Sunil is very very helpful yet professional.. This is the first time I am writing a review just after check in because this hotel and the staff just made me so bound to do so with their service. I dont care what breakfast they serve me tomorrow, Or if it is hot or cold, but all I care is that these guys make you satisfied and happy right from the doorstep. Thank you guys!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RitwikK
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Ritwik and Madam, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank your for your wonderful review and thank you again for your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to have met you guys. We would absolutely try our best in making you stay more pleasant the next time you come here. All the best till then. Cheers !!!

Good Bless

Reviewed May 18, 2013

It was my first time to Nepal so I wanted something not too expensive and reasonably close to stuff. This property fit the bill.

Durga and his staff were way above and beyond. You see, the power is on a rolling outage that leaves the main power off several times during the day and night. The hotel has a battery unit that keeps a couple of lights on during these outages. My problem is during the night. You see, I sleep with a CPAP machine (a medical device) that needs power to operate. When the power goes off at its scheduled time during the night so does my machine. Now here's the way above and beyond part, Durga made arrangements with his electrician to change the battery power so that it powered up the outlet that my CPAP was plugged in to. What awesome service!!

We also had a little problem when we first arrived. My wife has hip issues and can't climb too many stairs. The hotel had reserved a nice room on the 3rd or 4th floor but we couldn't climb to that one so they graciously gave us a lesser room on the first floor. Unfortunately, it was just above the traffic and the noises from the neighborhood woke us real early.

All-in-all it was a very pleasant hotel with the amenities I expect for Nepal and India.

Great job Durga!

Room Tip: If you can climb the stairs take a top room. The view is great in the early morning and the patio on the roof is where you get your complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim W
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Jim, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

I have shared your words with all our crews and they really glad. Thank you for your encouragement. We at Backyard are delighted to hear that we once again succeeded in making our guest stay a memorable experience. We will keep thriving. We hope to see you in future.

Best Regards,
Sunil

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The backyard was much better than the Eco thamel resort next door. The reasons being that Gurda and his team are very friendly and helpful to all their guests. If you needed any advise or help with anything they were there to assist. The rooms are fairly basic but thats what you get in katmandu. It was functional and the breakfast served on the roof terrace was excellent. They provide as much tea and coffee and you can drink 24/7. There is no lift in the hotel and the rooms go right up to the sixth floor. As we were trekking for 10 days we found the excersise did us good. On the Sunday after we arrived Gurda the manager arranged for a driver to take us around the sights of katmandu which worked out better than doing an organised tour. We had our own driver and spent as much time as we liked visiting the temples and shrines. The monkey temple was the best. Would highly recommend the backyard hotel to anyone visiting katmandu. A special thank you to Sagar on reception who was brilliant and spoke very good English. Would not hesitate to stay there again if in Nepal.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Julie and John, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for your review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a wonderful time we had with you guys. I have shared this with all our crews and they are really glad.

We are grateful for your patronage and we appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We have enjoyed serving you and would love to serve you better again!

Best wishes
Sunil Manandhar

Reviewed May 11, 2013

During our month long visit to Nepal, we stayed at the Backyard Hotel four times. It became our base camp in Nepal, and each time we returned it felt even more like coming home. What really made our stay was the amazing staff and management. Sunil and Durga really went above and beyond to not only accommodate our every need but to treat us like friends. I honestly don't know how a place who sees so many visitors can maintain such a warm and personal touch. Anyway, the breakfast was great, the location was perfect, the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. They run a tight ship. My only complaint was that there wa a night club near by that played music till about midnight every night, but Durga assured me that this was getting taken care of soon enough. What a great manager!

If you are going to Kathmandu and want a safe, clean place that gives you great value for you money, look no further than the Backyard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave S
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear David, Namaste !!!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel !!!

Thank you for your wonderful. It is great that you spent some time writing something good about our hotel and hospitality. We truly appreciate that. All our crew says hello and a big thanks to you for staying at our hotel. Actually you became a part of our hotel and we will always remember you. Hope to see you again in future. For now have fun...in Hawaii...

Best wishes