OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel
$122
Radisson
$101
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$163
$285
$240
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot waterrooftop restaurantthe hotel staffairport pickupfree wifilocation is greatcomplimentary breakfastcentral thamelno elevatorclean roomseverest base camphotel is locatedgreat hospitalitytucked awaytourist areaside streetdeluxe room
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Not particularyl cheap at 19 USD, but with free breakfast, free pick up from the airport, and great clean rooms with hot showers, it's worth it. A haven of relative quiet in the madness of Thamel! The lads are all very helpful, and will assist you in sorting out trekking permits, visas, transport or whatever. Bring earplugs for the midnight barking dogs, but this is true for every place in Kathmandu

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TSUNEAL, Manager at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for the review and thank you again for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are glad that we were successful in satisfying you in all ways and you had a good time here. We would love to do the same always. I have shared this review with all our staffs and they are really pleased to know this. You compliments are definitely going to motivate us to work harder and also help other guests like you to make the correct choice for the correct place for a nice time in Kathmandu. Looking forward to see you again. Till then have a great time there. All the best. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Backyard Hotel for 5 nights and wasn't disappointed. I arranged a free pick-up at the airport which was great. They were waiting for me at the entrance of the airport, even when my plane arrived 90 mins late. The location is great, right in central Thamel close to all the shops and restaurants. My room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The free wifi in the room worked great! I also enjoyed the free continental breakfast on the roof every morning. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Nishan especially was helpful and always around in case I needed anything. Overall it was a great stay, and a very good value for the money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2013

the place was awesome cheap price with clean place ... a place to be and durga the owner was really a jolly person. recommended to stay when in kathmandu inside the main tourist area and night life...travel was as well arranged smoothly and hope to be back soon

Room Tip: clean with better value to us and trip was awesome
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Konrad666

Reviewed March 1, 2013

It is pretty clean overall but if you want a room with a bathroom is the deluxe room to choose. The team is very friendly and cares about your comfort. It also offers tours or reserve it for you a taxi for the day, it is 5 mins from the garden and shopping place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike b
BackyardH0tel, Owner at OYO 11477 Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest, Namaste!

Greetings from Backyard Hotel!!

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time staying at Backyard. It was a pleasure to be at your service. Your compliments are going help us as motivation and do better in future. We would love to see you again in future. All the best. Stay healthy and happy.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My Irish wife two kids and my team of volunteer always stay on this hotel ever since it's opened. All my team and my family love this hotel because it is center of Thamel, staffs are very friendly they always help you anything you need help with. Specially knowing Durgalal who is full ownership of this hotel my team and my family are very happy staying here and they have all facilities you need bag storage or guide to see Nepal. I trust this guys and staff I'm very impressed to see how professional they keep their hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family