“This is one you shouldnt miss”

Swayambhunath Temple
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Manama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is one you shouldnt miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great setting, very nice. If there is just one temple that you can afford to see in Kathmandu, this would be my choice.

Visited August 2013

• Vietnamese first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Visit in the late afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived at a great time, around 4.30pm when the sun was shining directly on the west side of the temple and lit up the golden wall where the all-seeing eye was. From the temple, you can also get a fantastic panoramic view Kathmandu city.

Visited September 2013
Yanchpe Western Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very interesting temple - use the guide so you fully understand the history of the Temple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

You pay to get in I think it was 200 R. entry fee. Immediately I was approached by the guide who said it was 200 R for the tour, I ended up giving him a big tip as I really enjoyed the tour and he was a great asset to the visit to the temple. He took me into see the Mandalas and I believe had I bought one he would have got a commission, but they were very expensive and I basically didn't want one. Although I really enjoyed the talk the guy gave about how the Mandalas where made I did feel pressured to buy, so if you don't want to be put in that situation don't go and look at the art. Apart from that the tour was very informative and a highlight of my trip to Nepal. I think my pictures speak for themselves and although the day was cloudy and a bit drizzly it didn't dampen the outing. I think I would class this as a must see when in Nepal.

Visited August 2013
Adelaide
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A nice temple in the hills.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited the temple with friends on a hot sunny afternoon. The places wasn't too crowded and thankfully there weren't too many monkeys around. I've heard they can be a nuisance. The temple was nice although there were many tourists and it didn't really feel like a temple. It felt like just another tourist spot. The views of the city from the temple are amazing. Make sure to carry a hat, wear sunscreen and take water with you as it can get very hot.

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very good temple, most interesting site and adoreable monkeys.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a most memorable place to visit. Remember to walk with the people (clockwise). The road up to the temple is most interesting.

Visited April 2013