“Delicious grab n' go fare”
Review of Chick N Falafel

Chick N Falafel
Ranked #4 of 7 Quick Bites in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great option for grabbing a filling, cheap meal. My husband and I both had the Falafel wrap (Rs. 175 each) last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. This place seems very popular with the young, backpacker, hiker and hippie sects.

Date of visit: April 2013
Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This little gem in the heart of Thamel is well worth a visit. The food is quick, simple, unpretentious and tastes amazing! We've been there so many times in the last few months the guys know us quite well and they're always smiling and chatty – they even tried to teach us a bit of Nepali!

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm an American who lived in Nepal for 7 years. I was so excited when this great little place opened. Service is very friendly and food is great! I ate there multiple times a week for a long time :) GREAT!!

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I personally thought this little haven was fantastic. It's the service I would expect from busy downtown Thamel. A little blasé I guess, though quick and efficient. Like most tourists walking the streets of the unknown, I found it refreshing to see a group of varied foreigners sitting around this little corner shop. Met some people too which is a plus.
Being vegetarian I went with the felafel kebab. Fresh felafel's made to order. Fresh salsa type salad and the bread was great. Upon eating I also noticed chips (fries) amongst the other ingredients....Genius.
Not the fanciest place and pretty simple food but this was easiest the most flavoursome feed I ate whilst in Kathmandu.
And darn cheap too.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Awesome, always busy which is good. Service sometimes slow but what do you expect for under a £1 for tasty falafel and chips with homade chilli, mango, tomato and garlic sauces. a must do if in Thamel. Dont know why you would complain about the service cheap, tasty and good protion size for under a £1. Really some people have to get some perspective.

Date of visit: November 2011