“Stuck in Kathmandu/Thamel”

Stupa View Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #97 of 781 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Asian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We have been operating our vegetarian restaurant since 1990 during changing times and situations. During all those years our motto has been to provide quality food and service in a peaceful atmosphere. All meals are our own creations. Besides our favorite vegetarian specialties, which contain milk products or eggs, we offer a range of purely vegan dishes. We maintain hygiene and use best ingredients such as healthy oils and organic vegetables. All the raw vegetables and green herbs are dipped in iodine solution.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My passport and all of my cash was stolen so I got stuck in Nepal from November to January. This restaurant was visited by 2 other American women and myself during this time period of 2012/2013. We sat on the upper level. Food o.k. The view of the Boudha Stupa was excellent. People walking around the sacred shrine chanting, praying, socializing. Another visit I took a student for a beverage on the roof top part. It was a beautiful warm day and the view was spectacular. The Boudha Stupa MUST be visited while in Kathmandu. I never got used to the trash and lack of environmental education in this country.

There are newer reviews for Stupa View Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

It is hard to get it wrong on a rooftop overlooking the stupa. Children two roofs away saying cute gestures while we take in Nepali life.

The food pretty good. Momos, veg sandwich, the Thai curry hot spicy! Just the way I like it. Fresh vegetable house salad!

Didn't even mind it was drizzling.

2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Offers a view of the Stupa, good quality food at good prices. I had the Nepalese Thali which was excellent. We ate here twice in 3 nights as we could dine outside whilsy taking in the view of the Stupa

2  Thank simonbaldwin
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Feb in 2013 i went in bouddhanat stupa and i took coffee and some food but its really very nice and place, location and the staff are awesome... ofcos my next visit will be there,..
thank you guys.

2  Thank Reesti
Reviewed April 12, 2013

good food and tea. expensive, but it is right on the stupa. good view. venture further out for more affordable food.