“Gaia Restaurant”

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #12 of 780 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is specialized in Eurasian cuisine. We offer various breakfast sets and a large choice for your lunch or dinner. Besides that, we offer fresh, organic coffee and various teas, salads and cakes. Inside & outside dining In the sun, in the shadow or inside. Alone, as a couple or with a group. We provide you plenty of seating options, both in- and outside. Various daily newspapers At Gaia you can catch up with the daily news from Nepal and the world. Next to a number of Nepali newspapers we offer three English dailies: The Kathmandu Post, The Himalayan Times and Republica. The Kathmandu Post The Himalayan Times Republica Free Wi-fi Check your e-mail, update your blog and keep track of your Facebook and other social media with our free wi-fi. Ask our staff for the password.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great food and service, at a reasonable price. Charming, quiet courtyard to relax over a cup of coffee as a break from the noise and congestion of Thamel.

1  Thank Bob_White22
There are newer reviews for Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let’s face it, walking around the streets of Kathmandu is interesting and exciting, but it can be tiring, and at times a bit overwhelming. On a recent trip to Nepal, we found ourselves gravitating back to Gaia time and time again. We felt comfortable here, the food was reasonably priced, and the price on the menu is what you pay (no extra taxes or GST to add). The waiters were helpful without being pushy in any way, and the food was good. I always eat vegetarian in Nepal, and there were enough tasty choices to keep me happy. You can have more traditional Nepali/curry dishes or Western. When a Nepali friend took us out to dinner we just smiled when he said he wanted to take us to a cosy place with a nice atmosphere called…Gaia. The stamp of approval from tourists and locals makes it a good place to be.

1  Thank JillMM_NZ
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place is really buzzy at the moment and tables are at a premium although the turnover is quick so often not a long wait. Good options for food - Nepali, Thai, Indian, Italian it's all here as we'll as a good cocktail list and choice of beers.

We ate her a couple of nights in a row and left both times feeling full,and very content. Great value for money especially given the food quality. The set local Nepali meal ( about $4.50 for the veg. version and $5.50 for the non veg. version) were terrific,

2  Thank Terry2004_11
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travelled to Kathmandu by myself and although I loved it, I did need some time away from the hustle and bustle. This place is very peaceful and well run. Friendly staff - when I first arrived I did not have Nepalese money and thought I would use eftpos - when that was not going to work the staff were happy for me to run across the road to change some currency.
The food was good - worth a try is the honey and ginger tea.

1  Thank Justforfunmum
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We ate most of our meals here while we were in Kathmandu. The service was friendly and the food was delicious and generally good value. Highly recommended.