“A relaxing break in a busy town”

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #12 of 765 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is specialized in Eurasian cuisine. We offer various breakfast sets and a large choice for your lunch or dinner. Besides that, we offer fresh, organic coffee and various teas, salads and cakes. Inside & outside dining In the sun, in the shadow or inside. Alone, as a couple or with a group. We provide you plenty of seating options, both in- and outside. Various daily newspapers At Gaia you can catch up with the daily news from Nepal and the world. Next to a number of Nepali newspapers we offer three English dailies: The Kathmandu Post, The Himalayan Times and Republica. The Kathmandu Post The Himalayan Times Republica Free Wi-fi Check your e-mail, update your blog and keep track of your Facebook and other social media with our free wi-fi. Ask our staff for the password.
Scone, Australia
“A relaxing break in a busy town”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travelled to Kathmandu by myself and although I loved it, I did need some time away from the hustle and bustle. This place is very peaceful and well run. Friendly staff - when I first arrived I did not have Nepalese money and thought I would use eftpos - when that was not going to work the staff were happy for me to run across the road to change some currency.
The food was good - worth a try is the honey and ginger tea.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Justforfunmum

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ajman, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty food at great prices.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We ate most of our meals here while we were in Kathmandu. The service was friendly and the food was delicious and generally good value. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
Rennes, France
“nothing special”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A restaurant in a garden like many ones in thamel if you search a litlle bit. The food was not really good, i have a mediteranean salad with no tomato but cauliflower instead wich is quiet weird, but not as weird as the cheese remplacing the cottage cheese. At the end we ask a sirkani ( usually its a nice curd with some raisins nuts and cinnamon), look like they take us for some idiots cause the only things we've got its a sweet curd with a bit of cinamon on the top. I will not recomend this place

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank alexandra g
Gorlice, Poland
“Very good place in town! Best food.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I think this is one of the best place in town to eat delicious food. I love buff momo in this restaurant. I treied diffrent meals and was also very good, except spinach, which i just would like to treied ;) Location is very good, it's not next to busy road so it's not noisy there. The stuff is very good and friendly! Next time if I will be in Kathmandu, I will come back here.

1 Thank Papryk
“Best place in Kathmandu”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion the best restaurant in Kathmandu - we tryed a lot of meals and all was delicius. Big meals for good price. Out of busy road so it is nice place to have a good meal

1 Thank Marcin R