“The freshest food in Nepal”

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #32 of 873 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened every day from 7am to 9:30pm Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is specialized in Eurasian cuisine. We offer various breakfast sets and a large choice for your lunch or dinner. Besides that, we offer fresh, organic coffee and various teas, salads and cakes. AndGaia Holiday Home Gaia Holiday Home is a simple, comfortable, reliable and safe place to stay in Dhulikhel. It gives you an opportunity to be stress-free and relax from the hustle and bustle of the city. Settle yourself back into nature and its surrounding.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been living in Kathmandu for over a year now and I have that Gaia has the freshest dishes in the city. It's location can be a little bit tricky to find. However, the relaxed garden atmosphere is a relief from the ordinarily hectic Kathmandu streets. The menu is simple. Nothing over-the-top fancy, but every meal I've had here has been superb. My personal favourite is the pepper steak. Everything is cooked well and all the ingredients taste like they've been bought fresh every day, which is a rarity in Kathmandu. My only complaint is that the last two times I went, noone greeted me as I entered the garden. I had to look around the restaurant to find a waiter to seat me. However, all staff speak good English so ordering is made easy with them. Overall, Gaia is a fantastic little restaurant to relax with friends in.

1  Thank geelongexpat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is just up the street from the Utse Restaurant where the street ends. We've eaten there several times and found the food good and reasonable priced. My only disappointment was to find out a Tuna and Egg Sandwich is not Tuna Fish Salad. I should have asked.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed February 20, 2013

ate here repeatedly, never had a bad meal - wonderful momo's, salads, currys, fish. During those chilly Nov nights, a small fire was going in a central firepit to cozy up the outdoor eating. Daytime umbrellas or side portico provided enough shade from burning mid day sun. Excellent service overall - our favourite restaurant in Kat despite paying more at some other reputedly 5 star places. Not to be missed if you are located in Thamel.

2  Thank 1hker1
Reviewed February 1, 2013

At first we went because it was so close to our hotel (Holy Himalaya) but we returned many many times as we transited through Kathmandu. They do a decent Capaccino, Iced Chocoate etc when the power is on. The food was also great. They have Western, Indian and Nepali food. The Nepali set menu was very good. A very comfortale place to be in the heart of Thamel.

3  Thank Hallam D
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose this restaurant as it was literally 100 yards from our hotel - the Sacred Valley Inn. The setting is in a small courtyard garden lit by candles at night.The food and service were good. They have an open kitchen which is always a good thing. The staff are young and very friendly. We had the local dish Dahl Bhat and Momos the first time and my husband tried the steak on the second visit. Beer and cocktails are available. There is also a fire pit for cold winter nights. Recommended