Review Highlights

Absolutely perfect !

Reviewed 6 days ago
Global313042
via mobile

All reviews trisuli river river trip day trip safety kayaks white water rafting group bus journey felt safe and comfortable tourist bus amazing trip great company private car his team thank you so much rapids kayakers mahindra
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I did a 9 day multi river expedition, which took us around several different rivers around Nepal, ranging in difficulty and style. From creeky runs to big water, Maila and his crew showed us down in a safe and exciting manner. The crew quickly became family and they were gracious hosts in their country. Highly Recommend!

GRGAdventures, Owner at GRG's Adventure Kayaking - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review it's great to hear you had a good time. We love this multiriver expedition, it is one of our most popular trip. Ah, thats so lovely that you felt so close to your guides! Once you paddle with GRG you do certainly become a member of our ever growing family! We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home again soon! Maila

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I booked a multiriver trip with GRG late octobre, and it was awesome. The rivers were at perfect waterlevel for me. Transportation was really good beside the poor quality of the nepali roads. Food and accommodation were great, especially the riverside camp near the Bhote Kosi.
And Maila and his team are really good paddlers, and are super helpful on such big rivers. And everyone was so nice on and off water !
I just hope to be able to come back, and I highly recommand GRG !

Wow! What a review. Thanks so much for this! This multiriver trip is definitely growing in popularity. We love the camp on the Bhote Kosi, it is a beautiful spot to spend a few nights. And we are pleased that you enjoyed the food so much as well!

Keep paddling and we will see you next time.. Tamur next?! Maila

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We had such a great canyoning trip with the GRG guys. The communication was professional throughout. We were picked up on time, given all the equipment. Then given coffee and biscuits whilst we waited. The safety briefing was good and we had lots of staff with us to help us down the waterfalls. Staff were knowledgable and fun. We had such a great time.

We can’t wait to come back and do a longer camping and rafting trip.

Would highly recommend.

GRGAdventures, Owner at GRG's Adventure Kayaking - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hey Kirsty

Thanks for the review and for joining us canyoning. So happy to hear that you had such a great trip! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maila GRG

Reviewed 1 week ago

I am writing this review to express my appreciation for the fantastic time I had in Nepal. GRG came highly recommended by other people in the industry.
They have put together an excellent team of river guides. That are both professional and courteous. That did their best to accommodate everyone’s needs on the trip.
Providing the best possible accommodation and food, in the remotest locations. It was certainly an adventure that I will never forget. I will definitely come again, with a more bomb proof roll and boof.

Hi Aaron, thanks so much for the review. We get the majority of our bookings through word of mouth so are pleased that you were so happy with it!
Keep practising that boof and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm writing this, because I feel that people should know. The GRG ownership was very professional and organized. I booked a 3 day trip. However, on the first night I got food poisoning. I believe it was due to unsanitary kitchen conditions and food being left out for awhile before it was served to me.

Once I got sick, the staff took care of me for the next two days. Then on completion of the scheduled trip, they helped me get on the bus to Pokhara.

They provided a refund quickly and without question. I greatly appreciate that integrity. It's a shame I got sick, because the trip looked incredible. Just posting so people are aware. And hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else (:

GRGAdventures, Owner at GRG's Adventure Kayaking - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Matthew

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate feedback so we can continually work on improving our trips.

We were so sorry that you were sick during your stay with us. It great that you felt our guides took good care of you and I'm happy to hear that you are overall happy with your experience with GRG.

I have spoken to everyone who works at the camp about this, as we take food hygiene very seriously, and it is part of our guide training programe. The night that you were there however, you were the only one from all the groups that got unwell, so we are still unsure whether it was food poisoning or just general sickness from Nepal.

We were more than happy to issue a refund as you were unable to partake in the activities we had planned and we always try to be as flexible (and as kind) as possible.

We hope you can return to do rafting with us some time in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous experience! The GRG team (Bimal & co) were fantastic with the kids who loved the whole experience - rafting, canyoning and learn-to-kayak! Thanks for an awesome 3 days

Hey Jenny!

Thanks so much for joining us. We love it when families come! Kids love rafting in Nepal. We are so pleased you loved your experience, we hope it encourages more families to go rafting and kayaking in Nepal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What an awesome trip. You couldn’t explain or put into words this wonderful experience!
All the boys looked after us like family,Bimal, Santosh( mini Pez) Amir and Rupesh ( my adopted sons) kali (Roxy 1) chitra ( Roxy2) and Mahindra (yogi) yoga teacher who managed to somehow tie me into a pretzel.
The rafting was not only exhilarating in the white water it was also relaxing meandering down the river whilst the local adults and children alike rushed down to the river banks to wave and say Hello. Such friendly people!
Yogi our yoga instructor didn’t stop smiling, he taught an array of different yoga disciplines every morning and explained the philosophies behind them. He was extremely helpful nothing was a problem for him!
Camping on white sandy beaches, sitting, dancing and singing round the camp fires with our crew and fellow travellers.
We laughed from start to finish!
This trip was truly enlightening.
We can’t thank you all enough

Hi Nadine, Thanks for the review, your awesome! Our yoga rafting trip is seriously hot right now and we are thrilled that you had such a great time. Mahendras a pro isn't he!!
What a great review of such a great trip! Hope to see you again in the future. Maila

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Just finished the GRG Adventure rock and raft trip with my partner. Had a great 2 days rafting and canyoning, a lot of fun and always felt safe. The raft capsized but all the guys were very quick at finding us and getting us out of the water we actually quite enjoyed it! The accommodation is basic but the camp had a really nice atmosphere about it and the guys worked hard at making us dinner and breakfast. We gave 4 stars instead of 5 just based on the transportation to the rafting. The journey took 6 hours because of traffic I know this is not the companies fault but people were getting concerned they may not be able to raft as there was no representative for us to lease with. Also the seat in front of me was broken which meant I had someone leaning on my legs for the whole trip and there was no seat to change into. Other than that had a great time! We caught a privet jeep when we finished which was far better but quite pricey

GRGAdventures, Owner at GRG's Adventure Kayaking - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Hi Karl

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, I'm so happy to hear that you had a great trip! September is a great time of year for rafting on the Trisuli.

We are glad you likely our humble camp. Its a beautiful spot!

Thanks for highlighting the transport issue, our camp is 100km from Kathmandu so we are at the mercy of the traffic to get there on time. On a normal day, it should only take three hours, but it sounds like there was particularly bad traffic that day! As you said, we can't control that, but we are sorry all the same! The private jeep certainly does make it more comfortable so we are glad you went for that option home.

I'l mention to the tourist bus about the broken seat though as they should look into that.

Thanks again for joining us, enjoy the rest of your trip in Nepal .

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

GRG took me alone on a kayak trip with three guides while the rivers were high (but not rainy season) and they took care of everything on short notice couldn't be happier to see all the positive reviews. They are talented amazing people don't look anywhere else if you want to get on a river trip.

1  Thank dlexik

7 stars!! Wow!! Thanks so much for the great review. We had such a great trip with you. We love showing other kayakers the rivers of Nepal, it is our passion and our love, so we are so happy that you enjoyed it so much! See you next time for another expedition trip! Happy paddles. Maila

Reviewed May 28, 2018

We had an Amazing experience! The service was very good. The staffs were friendly too. We were a group of 61 women but it was very well managed.