“Happy Lang Tang and Gosikunda treker!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours

Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours
Ranked #152 of 404 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Namaste & Welcome to Higher Limits Trek! For a long time, Higher Limits Trek has leaded the way in Mountain Trekking, Climbing, Jungle Safari, River Rafting and Traveling in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan. Upholding the highest safety standards, we are still continuously operating the trips to the Himalaya, even after the massive earthquake in April 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Happy Lang Tang and Gosikunda treker!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I spent 2 weeks trekking through Lang Tang and Gosikunda with my guide Dipak Sapkota through Higher limits treks. It was awesome having the itinerary planned for me, and I enjoyed having the company. I felt the company was fair, flexible, and met my needs in every way. My guide was knowledgeable about the area, fun to be with, and he even took care of me when I got the flu. Great trip, thanks guys!

Visited April 2013
63 Thank Renata154943
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Renata,
Thank you very much for your remark about Higher Limits & entire team as well as about Langtang Trek. We always keep together your feedback & our services so that we can work better. We are waiting for your next Trekking to Everest Region.
Namaste!!!

Jackson, Wyoming, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

In October 2012, my boyfriend and I trekked on the Manaslu Circuit. This would not have been possible without Higher Limits, Gopal, and our wonderful guide Bhuwan. Our experience with Gopal and Higher Limits was exceptional, as the service was very accommodating, professional, and knowledgeable. Higher Limits are extremely helpful with not only planning our trek, but also arranged other activities in the country such as Chitwan and rafting. Highly recommend to anyone who is planning a trek and we are looking forward to working with Higher Limits on our next visit to Nepal! Thank you!!

Visited October 2012
67 Thank Alexa C
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Alexa,
Thank you very much for your recommendation & remark about Higher Limits & Entire Team. We keep in mind our clients feedback and do our best to make better in every step of our work. Looking forward to organize your next trip to Nepal.
Namaste!!!
Kungsbacka, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Janne Gustavson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My son, Viktor, inspired me, to a father&son-trekking in Nepal. Due to his earlier experience with Higher Limits Trek we, of course, used the same company. Viktor and Gopal (manager of Higher Limits Trek) planned the trek to the Manaslu Circuit. It is a trek with much less "tourist" than the more wellknown Anapurna- and Everest-treks. Usually an 18-days trek but due to limited time at our disposal we had to do it in 13 days. Before my experience in trekking was limited to Norway and Sweden. From our arrival to the airport we where well taking care of. A car drove us to our hotel where we checked in and installed ourself. After we had a briefing at the office with the manager who informed us about the trek. He helped us to complete our equipment by taking us to different shops where we could buy the missing things at fair prices. Later in the evening we had a meeting with our guide and the porter who both came to the office and introduced themselves. I immediately felt a great confidence with the way we where taking care of.
The next morning we where picked up by the guide at the hotel and took a taxi to the bus "terminal" and from there a local bus to Archet Bazar from where the trek started.
Going by local bus was a great experience and I wouldn´t want to have it undone although it took us almost 9 hours in a overcrowded bus to get to our starting point.
The trek itself was awesome with fantastic scenery and lovely small villages along the way. We stayed at local teahouses all the way. The guide, (also named Gopal) and porter ( Nakul) where great and took us to often to the kitchen of the teahouses ( the only warm place) where we could sit and talk to the locals ( with a great help of Gopal of course). During the trek we where informed of the traditions and life by Gopal.
The trek itself was, at least for me, a challenge, and at some time quite tough. But - I am -a guy of 57 years and not that well trained. For Viktor it was considerable easier since he is younger and very well trained.
During the trek we met only about 30 other tourist during 11 days. The last day our trek met the starting point of the Anapurna-trek and during a period of 10 minutes we met more people on that trek than what we had met during our 11 days!
I therefore strongly recommend you to do the Manaslu-trek to meet and see a more rural and "original" way of life that is not - yet - too influenced by tourists. But, be quick, the tourist are coming more and more and in 5 years time it will probably be as "crowded" as the others more popular treks. Do it with the Higher Limits Trek, and I can assure you that you will get an experience of your life!!
Don´t be afraid that it will be to tough and strenuous. Could I - You can. If you can add a couple of more days than what we had - there will be no problems whats so ever. The guide and porter will plan every day so that it suite you!
Don´t hesitate - DO IT!!!

Visited October 2012
78 Thank Janne55
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Namaste Janne,
Thank you so much for your valuable review about us and Manaslu Trek which is really helpful to people who wish to travel Nepal & do trekking in Manaslu.
Thank you so much again.
Hope to see you again in future.

Higher Limits Trek
switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Higher Limits Trek - Very good information and lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

My friends found the office of higher limits trek by chance and we were really happy.
Before I went there, I knew that I will trek without a guide/porter, and told Gopi, the owner, so. And even if he knew it, he really helped me and was more than just one of these ordinary thamel-'salesman'. He arranged what I needed and gave me additional information. Now as I know Gopi, I'd love to go trekking with him. He became a friend and I recommend his office to everyone who is looking for a nice trek in lovely Nepal!

Visited October 2011
78 Thank ValerioASwitzerland
Dear Valerio,
Namaste!
Thank you so much for your review about us we really appreciate that we hope to see you again in future.
Thank you so much Valerio.

Higher Limits Trek
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Awesome trek!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I did the Annapurna circuit trek back in Oct 2011. My guide - JB was professional, courteous, caring and knowledgable! He made sure I was having fun the entire time; he took time to explain the Nepal culture and history; he knew exactly what to see and the best time to see them; and an uncountable number of other great things.
The coordinator - Gopal was very caring and reliable. Along the trek, he would check in to make sure that I was doing fine. I finished the trek early and he was flexible enough to rearrange my transportation.

It was an awesome trek! Thank you very much!

77 Thank Squeakybrakes
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Namaste Victor,
Thank you so much for your review about our team and entire trip. We are very glad that you enjoy the trip. We will definitely do our best for any others future clients.