“Janne Gustavson”
Review of Higher Limits Trek

Ranked #194 of 673 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Higher Limits Trek! Since 2009, Higher Limits Trek has leaded the way in Mountain Trekking, Climbing, Jungle Safari, River Rafting and Traveling in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan. Upholding the highest safety standards, we are still continuously operating the trips to the Himalaya, even after the massive earthquake in April 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My son, Viktor, inspired me, to a father&son-trekking in Nepal. Due to his earlier experience with Higher Limits Trek we, of course, used the same company. Viktor and Gopal (manager of Higher Limits Trek) planned the trek to the Manaslu Circuit. It is a trek with much less "tourist" than the more wellknown Anapurna- and Everest-treks. Usually an 18-days trek but due to limited time at our disposal we had to do it in 13 days. Before my experience in trekking was limited to Norway and Sweden. From our arrival to the airport we where well taking care of. A car drove us to our hotel where we checked in and installed ourself. After we had a briefing at the office with the manager who informed us about the trek. He helped us to complete our equipment by taking us to different shops where we could buy the missing things at fair prices. Later in the evening we had a meeting with our guide and the porter who both came to the office and introduced themselves. I immediately felt a great confidence with the way we where taking care of.
The next morning we where picked up by the guide at the hotel and took a taxi to the bus "terminal" and from there a local bus to Archet Bazar from where the trek started.
Going by local bus was a great experience and I wouldn´t want to have it undone although it took us almost 9 hours in a overcrowded bus to get to our starting point.
The trek itself was awesome with fantastic scenery and lovely small villages along the way. We stayed at local teahouses all the way. The guide, (also named Gopal) and porter ( Nakul) where great and took us to often to the kitchen of the teahouses ( the only warm place) where we could sit and talk to the locals ( with a great help of Gopal of course). During the trek we where informed of the traditions and life by Gopal.
The trek itself was, at least for me, a challenge, and at some time quite tough. But - I am -a guy of 57 years and not that well trained. For Viktor it was considerable easier since he is younger and very well trained.
During the trek we met only about 30 other tourist during 11 days. The last day our trek met the starting point of the Anapurna-trek and during a period of 10 minutes we met more people on that trek than what we had met during our 11 days!
I therefore strongly recommend you to do the Manaslu-trek to meet and see a more rural and "original" way of life that is not - yet - too influenced by tourists. But, be quick, the tourist are coming more and more and in 5 years time it will probably be as "crowded" as the others more popular treks. Do it with the Higher Limits Trek, and I can assure you that you will get an experience of your life!!
Don´t be afraid that it will be to tough and strenuous. Could I - You can. If you can add a couple of more days than what we had - there will be no problems whats so ever. The guide and porter will plan every day so that it suite you!
Don´t hesitate - DO IT!!!

128  Thank Janne55
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Namaste Janne,
Thank you so much for your valuable review about us and Manaslu Trek which is really helpful to people who wish to travel Nepal & do trekking in Manaslu.
Thank you so much again.
Hope to see you again in future.

All reviews
"porter"
in 6 reviews
"explanation"

Reviewed December 14, 2011

My friends found the office of higher limits trek by chance and we were really happy.
Before I went there, I knew that I will trek without a guide/porter, and told Gopi, the owner, so. And even if he knew it, he really helped me and was more than just one of these ordinary thamel-'salesman'. He arranged what I needed and gave me additional information. Now as I know Gopi, I'd love to go trekking with him. He became a friend and I recommend his office to everyone who is looking for a nice trek in lovely Nepal!

127  Thank ValerioASwitzerland

Dear Valerio,
Namaste!
Thank you so much for your review about us we really appreciate that we hope to see you again in future.
Thank you so much Valerio.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I did the Annapurna circuit trek back in Oct 2011. My guide - JB was professional, courteous, caring and knowledgable! He made sure I was having fun the entire time; he took time to explain the Nepal culture and history; he knew exactly what to see and the best time to see them; and an uncountable number of other great things.
The coordinator - Gopal was very caring and reliable. Along the trek, he would check in to make sure that I was doing fine. I finished the trek early and he was flexible enough to rearrange my transportation.

It was an awesome trek! Thank you very much!

126  Thank Squeakybrakes
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Namaste Victor,
Thank you so much for your review about our team and entire trip. We are very glad that you enjoy the trip. We will definitely do our best for any others future clients.

Gopal Shrestha

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I came to Nepal in October 2011 with three friends (from Israel). Three of us made the Gosaikunda trek and one took a tour to Pokhara and Kathmandu area.
Our guid in the trek was Janardan Ghimire (janu). Gopi, from Higher Limits Trek,arranged everything. We all feel that Gopi and Janu became our friends.
All the arranements were according to our wishes and much more. I highly recommand to contact these people. They did a great job. Goldie.

119  Thank Goldie141052
Gopi_higherlimits, Manager at Higher Limits Trek, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Goldie!
Namaste & Greetings from Higher Limits Trekking Team Nepal. Thank you so much for your kind review and response it will give us a more power to stay on and improve ourselves. Our plan is to give all those who travel with us a deeper insight to the land and its community. That was our pleasure to be your trekking /travel partner in Nepal. We hope to see you again in the future.
Namaste & Best Regards, -Gopi

See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Dear trippers,

Arnaud and I, two Belgian students, went to Nepal during last September (2011). We wanted to do a trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar. Our Nepal friend in Kathmandu advised us to walk around Thamel to check out different travel agencies, and to compare their offers and prices. So after half a day wandering through Thamel we ended up with Higher Limits Trek. They made us the best offer. They looked very professional and all information was provided with a friendly smile by Gopi, the manager of the agency. The guide that accompanied us throughout the trek was Janu. Very friendly , energetic and enthousiastic guide. He had both the physical strength and cultural and social background and knowledge, to make this an unforgettable trip. We had not a single complaint about the trekking. Meals were provided as agreed, lodges were clean and warm, and transports quick and safe. No doubt this was one of the best travel agencies out there.

Thanks a lot to Janu, Gopi and all the people of Higher Limits Trek

Tom Reynaert

117  Thank Tom R
Gopi_higherlimits, Manager at Higher Limits Trek, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear Valuable Guest!
Namaste & Greetings from Himalayan kingdom Nepal. Thank you so much for your precious review and response which will give us a chance to improve ourselves. Our plan is to give all those who travel with us a deeper insight to the land and its community. It was our great pleasure to be your trekking /travel partner in Nepal. We hope to see you again in the future. Namaste & Best Regards, -Gopi