“Well organized and honest trekking company”

Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours
Ranked #166 of 464 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Higher Limits Trek! For a long time, Higher Limits Trek has leaded the way in Mountain Trekking, Climbing, Jungle Safari, River Rafting and Traveling in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan. Upholding the highest safety standards, we are still continuously operating the trips to the Himalaya, even after the massive earthquake in April 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lawrence, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Well organized and honest trekking company”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

A few weeks ago I did an eight day trek with Higher Limits and I highly recommend them to anyone who plans to go trekking in Nepal. While I could have come in considerably cheaper had I gone without a guide, the experience would not have been the same without Janu. He was knowledgeable regarding the people, terrain, and physical requirements necessary to do such a hike. Had Janu not been with me, and I had hiked alone, I would have missed out on a ton of great information and possibly overexerted myself along the way. Gopi at Higher Limits did a great job organizing the trek, as well. He was honest, well organized, and very easy to deal with. I am currently planning my next trek in Nepal and I will definitely go through Higher Limits to organize my trek and Janu to guide me. Great business and five star guide.

Incredible trek as well. Langtang was amazing.

Thanks again Gopi, Janu, and Higher Limits team.

Visited May 2011
94 Thank justin_k9
Gopi_higherlimits, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you so much for feedback about your trip with us

Munich, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Trekking in Nepal on individual basis”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I went to Nepal in november 2010 for a trekking in Upper Mustang. We used Higher Limits Trek & Expedition Pvt.Ltd. as our local organizer for a tour according to our needs and wishes. They have made their expertise and competence available to us for the trekking and for the rest of the holiday in Katmandu. We were accompanied by a professional guide who proved efficient also in finding prompt solutions to the (few) problems we encountered during the trek.
Higher Limits Trek offer the possibility to organize peak expeditions, jungle safari, white water rafting, tours to Tibet, Bhutan and India according to the individual needs of the customer.
I hope I will be able to come back again to Nepal and I will definitely be again a customer of Higher Limits Trek.

Visited November 2010
95 Thank AGiuss
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Augusto,
Warm Namaste!
Thank you so much for your recommendation about your trip and our whole team. We will be waiting to organize your another trekking trips in Nepal.
Thank you so much again.

Gopal Shrestha
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Awsome Everest adventure”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We did the everest trekking and made it up to the village of Tengboche from Lukla in eight days including acclimatisation. gosh that was some serious trekking!

Unfortunately from the beginning we didn't have enough time to get to the Everest base camp and we were also on a tight budget after some extensive traveling around the world.

We were looking around in Kathmandu for someone that could book us an adventure in this scenic country. Our goal was to get a glimpse of Everest but we knew it could be hard due to our budget. After almost getting ripped of by some not so serious tour agency we stumbled across the Higher Limits office in central Kathmandu.
There we met Gopal (Great guy!). After some talking to him and about what we could do with our eight days in Nepal we decided to head for some trekking in the Everest area (Sagamartha National park). Seriously one of the best decisions I've / we've made in my / our life.

We took a flight the next morning around 8 to the mountain village of Lukla up in the mountains. From this village we started our trekking. in two tough days of trekking we made it up to Namche Bazar and held checked in at Buddah Lodge. We made Buddah lodge our basecamp and from here we did two daily hikes around the area. On day three we caught our first glimpse of Everest up on the viewing point next to Everest view Hotel. The weather was all great made the day with all the mountains visible all around us. on the next day I made it up to Tengboche and back. Tengboche is much closer to Everest than Namche so it wasn't a suprise Everest got bigger and bigger tho i prefer the lookout next to the everest hotel to get the panoramic views around the whole valley.

We had a guide with us Puru who showed us around the villages. We became such a trio.

Do it, we had a blast!

Visited April 2011
103 Thank Viktor_11
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 15, 2016
Dear Viktor,
Thank you so much for your great review concerning Higher Limits Trek's team and their services. We are pleasant to know that we are able to meet your interest during the hiking. We consider that our staff and guide plays a significant role to make your trip memorable by satisfying your each and every needs. We will be very pleasant to guide you again in the future trips. We would like to appreciate you for giving us precious feedback and pleasant to see you again in Nepal.
Namaste!!
The entire team of Higher Limits Trek.
Como, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

In November 2010 together with four friends I trekked Mustang. It was great and everything was fine. Our agency was Higher Limits Trek. It was a good choice. Gopal and his team were always very professional, friendly and reliable. The organization was perfect and they made also our stay in Kathmandu very nice. I have no doubt to recommend Higher Limits Trek. Dario from Italy.

Visited April 2011
95 Thank dcit040
HigherLimitTrek, Owner at Higher Limits Trek - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 16, 2016
Dear Dario,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about trip to Mustang. Your response will motivate us to stand on and to improve ourselves better and better. Our plan is to provide to all those who travel with us a deeper insight to the land and its community. It was our great gratification to be your trekking /travel partner in Nepal. We will be very happy to see you again and give you accompany for your next trekking journey and thank you so much again for taking the time to give us valuable feedback.
Namaste!!
The entire Team of Higher Limits Trek.