This is the fourth hotel I've stayed at in KTM. Though the first two were ok and the third alright, the next time I return to KTM, which happens to be Monday AND every subsequent future visit to KTM (as I'm teaching English in a village in Nepal) I will stay at Bag Packer's Lodge.
So here so here are the reasons:
1) It's clean. Does this mean it compares to a 5-star hotel...no...but the public areas, rooms, and bathrooms are VERY clean/
2) It has hot water 24-7. In KTM--especially during the winter--there is a great deal of "load-setting", where power is cut excessively to lessen the otherwise over-consumption of the KTM Valley.
3) It has FREE wi-fi 24-7. Many of the hotels that claim they have wi-fi do not have their router on their generator...so during the winter, your other hotel might not provide you wi-fi for 16 of the 24 hours in a day.
4) Price. Two twin beds with the public bathroom is Rs 500. You might find cheaper...feel free to take them up on it, but when you realise you made a mistake...go to Bag Packer's Lodge and beg them for a room.
5) Same-day laundry service available at Rs 50 per kg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nameste!! Bag packer's Lodge is centrally located in the heart of thamel, kathmandu's main tourist area. we are surrounded by shops, good restaurant & great entertainment all within walking distance from our hotel. taxi and car facilities are available should you want to venture further a field. travel & trekking agent are easily accessible. This is typical budget type hotel in thamel. We are proud to be honour, cheap and clean hotel with friendly atmosphere in kathmandu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bag Packer's Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.