“Amazing people providing unforgettable experience!!!”

Karnali Excursions - Day Tours
Ranked #111 of 700 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Karnali Excursions, Nepal is a trek and tour company headquartered in Kathmandu, Nepal. We offer our clients, group and customized individual treks and tours of the Himalayan Region and India. Our specialty is the Himalayas; these astonishing mountains nourish a unique diversity of life and culture that for centuries has called out to the hearts and minds of people all over the world. Karnali Excursions opens up the magic and mystery of these great mountains, their sacred places, remote villages, legendary cities and ancient palaces. Moreover we are also arranging pilgrimage tours to Amarnath. Thank you
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing people providing unforgettable experience!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently went on Kailash-Manasarovar Yatra with Karnali Excursions. Many thanks to the care and dedication of the Karnali crew. I was some what skeptic in the beginning as I was traveling by myself from the US. However, the care showed by Vaishali and Bishnu checking everyones oxygen level twice a day and making sure everyone was comfortable was exceptional. Providing the right amount of information at the right time everyday Hiraji ensured we didn't get overwhelmed, at the same time was able to prepare ahead and enjoy our stay. The crew was so friendly and dedicated,it felt like one huge family trip. Can't forget Lupsang(sorry if I misspelled) helping folks charge several cameras, cellphones that took few hours in remote locations and help me walk the last stretch to Diraphuk. Looking forward to my next trip already - hopefully very soon in the near future. I've already recommended Karnali to folks in India and the US

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Vijayar777

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Karnali Excursion the only way to go!! An amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I was among wonderful group of caring people who lead my family and friends to Lake Mansarovar and Mt Kailash. I fell in love with Nepal and Tibet. With Hiraji and his wonderful team nothing can go wrong. They made our stay and trip as if we never left home. We had the best experience ever and I just wanted to thank you Karnali Excursion. I will let all my friends and family know to book with you. I will never forget the wonderful time I had. Thank you it was life changing experience and I will never forget. Thanks Hiraji!!

Visited June 2013
6 Thank Chini P
Emeryville, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Glad to have used the Karnali Excursions Expertise for the Himalayas”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Karnali Excursions guided my trip to Kailash/Mansarovar. Months in advance of the trip, Karnali Excursions prepared me by emailing me with itineraries, day to day schedule, packing lists, and how to pack for the trip. When I reached Kathmandu, the whole group got an extensive briefing on what to expect. The briefings continued periodically during the trip and kept us apprised, prepared and organized. The warm and efficient staff of Karnali Excursions looked after every small need and detail. Every day during the trip, we woke up to warm masala tea. Delicious warm meals were prepared and served every single day of the 14/15 day trip by the wonderful Karnali staff. Our oxygen levels/BP were monitored twice a day as we gained altitude. The owner, Hira ji, has one goal for his clients - to make our trip as successful as possible and he and his staff work relentlessly towards this goal. Our group was a large group of 80 people ranging from 20 years of age to almost 70 years of age. The weather conditions at Holy Lake Mansarovar did not permit a dip. So, Hira ji and his staff put up bathing tents and every single person in the group was given a bucket of hot water from Lake Mansarovar for the holy dip. We did acclimatizing hikes in Nyalam and Saga. Hira ji kept us motivated despite some rough weather. I am impressed with the dedication and warmth of Karnali Excursions. Hira ji and his staff have amazing knowledge about the Himalayas. It was a pleasure to discuss the geography, geology, and spirituality of the area with Hira ji and his staff. The Himalayas are truly awesome and Karnali Excursions has the knowledge, spirit, and dedication to be a true guide for an amazing journey.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank SukhdeepK
guidehimalaya, Owner at Karnali Excursions - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you and was beyond privilege to have a such wonderful guest and friend with us.See soon in Tibet again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Can't Go Wrong with Karnali”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

From my initial contact with Hira and Karnali Excursions months prior to my trek to the Everest Base Camp and all the way through until we said goodbye in Kathmandu, everything was even better than expected. I had a wonderful guide (Thile) who was not only a great guide, but also a historian, a nutritionist, a translator...and now a good friend. I have already recommended Karnali to several of my friends and to fellow Habitat for Humanity volunteers. I am looking forward to my next visit to Nepal and will definitely use Karnali for any trek/tour at that time.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank J0hn269
guidehimalaya, Owner at Karnali Excursions - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you For your inspiring words. We will look forward to have you with us in himalaya.
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Everest Base Camp Trek”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The efficiency of Karnali Excursions shone throughout this trip, just like the sunshine and good weather we had from start to finish. The scenery is stunning and, although I have been to the Khumbu several times, its splendour still amazes me. However, this was the first time I had not camped but stayed in lodges. I was impressed with the general standard of accommodation with comfortable beds and, more often than not, en-suite facilities. The small crew were superbly attentive, always with a ready smile and words of encouragement when the going got tough. I was impressed throughout, but none more than the speed with which Karnali managed to arrange alternative transport from Lukla to Kathmandu when our flight was cancelled. Outstanding in every respect.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank j_walton2
guidehimalaya, Owner at Karnali Excursions - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you Sir. It is such a privilege to have a mountain veteran like you with us.
Best wishes from himalaya