“Unforgettable!”

Karnali Excursions - Day Tours
Ranked #113 of 651 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Karnali Excursions, Nepal is a trek and tour company headquartered in Kathmandu, Nepal. We offer our clients, group and customized individual treks and tours of the Himalayan Region and India. Our specialty is the Himalayas; these astonishing mountains nourish a unique diversity of life and culture that for centuries has called out to the hearts and minds of people all over the world. Karnali Excursions opens up the magic and mystery of these great mountains, their sacred places, remote villages, legendary cities and ancient palaces. Moreover we are also arranging pilgrimage tours to Amarnath. Thank you
Peebles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Youbak is the best guide we could have wished for! We have just returned from a trek in the Everest region. From the minute our plane landed in Kathmandhu, until we were safely on our way, Youbak made sure everything ran smoothly. We had a fantastic tour around the city before we set of on trek. I wasn't looking forward to flight to Lukla, but was put at ease and reasured every step of the way. Right from starting out on trek, we (my Mum & I) realised how knowledgable our guide was about the area. He knew everything! I also had a wee bit of a problem with some swing bridges and was helped and encouraged every step of the way. We were given a full itinery, so had an idea of what we would be doing daily. What we didn't know, was the extra's - such as getting up at 5 am to watch the sun rise on Mount Everest, I will never forget that! The food & accomodation were excellent, and everywhere we ate and slept was run by local people which was nice. We had to change plans slightly, due to altitude sickness. This wasn't a problem, and the remainder of out trek for taylored to enable us to see and experience just as much, but without us missing out on anything. And all this with no warning, and in the middle of The Himalayas - quite a feat! I would not hesitate to recommend Karnali Excursions to anyone for their trip. Nothing is too much trouble, everything runs smoothly, and for 2 females. we felt very safe at all times. Thank you for an amazing, unforgettable experience, and I can't wait to come back!!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Jenny G

Briarcliff Manor, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Super trip to Nepal!!!!! Seven stars! Hira and Tanka were great!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hira and Tanka are careful, very thorough, courteous, warm, knowledgable and trustworthy!
They helped my daughter and me plan a customized trip. Thanks to their experience and efforts, every step of the trip turned out exciting and fun! Because of their good manners and welcoming attitude, they were also a pleasure to deal with. They were mindful of our special requests and fulfilled them. Photo opportunities were arranged with our wishes in mind. Hotels and food were arranged and fulfilled our wishes. Changes were made at the last minute to accommodate us and our wishes with grace and speed.
GREAT JOB!!! SEVEN STARS!!! I would not hesitate to use them to travel throughout the area again.

3 Thank NX2T
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC Trip thanks to Karnali!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

These guys are sweet, careful, thorough, courteous, warm, knowledgable and trustworthy!
They helped me plan a customized trip for my father and I. Thanks to their experience and efforts, every step of the trip turned out seamless, exciting and fun! Because of their good manners and welcoming attitude, they were also a pleasure to deal with. No part of the trip from planning, to traveling, to transfers felt like a burden. They were mindful of my special requests and fulfilled them. GREAT JOB!!! FIVE STARS!!! I would not hesitate to use them to travel throughout Nepal again.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank mukta9
Issaquah, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Karnali is the best!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just finished an 18 day Bhutan/Sikkim/Darjeeling tour and my second trek organized by Karnali Expeditions and have only the very highest praise for their efforts. The pre-trip communication was always timely and informative, Hira listened carefully to our wishes, and all transportation, accommodation and excursions were perfectly arranged. The personnel who work with/for Hira are all incredibly knowledgeable and competent so everything goes smoothly and safely. The 3 week trek was one of the greatest experiences of my life: amazing scenery, excellent food, and service beyond compare (popcorn and hot chocolate at the end of a long trekking day can't be beat!). A fabulous trip, wonderful value ...thank you all at Karnali!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank travking651
guidehimalaya, Owner at Karnali Excursions - Day Tours, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Beyond Thanks for your kind words.These will stay as an wonderful treasure for us
.We felt privileged to have you and friends with us in Himalaya.Thank you
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bhutan, Sikkim, Darjeeling Exotic Journey”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

When our group of 4 decided on a trip to Bhutan, we naturally contacted Karnali Excursions since they had provided such excellent service on a Nepal trek in 2010. They worked closely with us to design a custom 18 day itinerary that began in Kathmandu, concentrated on Bhutan, and concluded with several days in both Sikkim and Darjeeling. During the design phase, Karnali Excursions was exceptionally easy to work with. They accommodated our interests, offered thoughtful suggestions and responded immediately to each email.
As we have come to expect with Karnali, their execution of the itinerary was flawless. Guides, transportation, hotels... all were perfect. Every representative of this company with whom we came into contact was competent and delightful. I have absolutely no reservations in recommending Karnali Excursions to anyone wanting great service for an extremely reasonable price.

Visited September 2012