Kathmandu Friendly Home
Hotel Excelsior(Kathmandu)
Very Good 4/5
Newa Guest House(Kathmandu)
  • Room Service
All reviewsceiling fanhot showerfree wifirooms are cleanroom ratewalking distancerecommend this hotelquiet at nighta great place to staylocation is greatquiet streethome away from homenice roomexcellent hotelthe hotel staffguesthouseaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked this hotel (Grand Millennium Guest House) through www.booking.com , this hotel is in very nice and quite location, staffs are very friendly and always helpful. This hotel is just 5 minutes walking distance from downtown Thamel. it has clean rooms and service is just perfect. I really enjoyed my 5 days stay in this hotel, they have hot shower all the time, many hotels have water problem in Nepal but this hotel never had this problem. It has free wifi 24 hours, I really recommend this hotel to you all.

Room Tip: There are many balcony rooms which have excellent garden view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Rajendra K, Owner at Kathmandu Friendly Home, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Michael!!

Thank you for your review.We highly value your suggestion and feed back. please be in touch, if you are coming again to Nepal please remember us that your friends are in Kathmandu who are ready to help you at any time.

Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I came to Nepal as volunteer for the orphanage at bal - mandir, thecho for 4 months. And I came to Grand Millennium Guest House through booking.com. I stayed here for 3 times. I like the hotel. The location of the hotel is very good.The scenario from the roof top is very beautiful. Monkey temple seems nearer from the roof top.The staffs of the guest house are very good. they are very friendly and helpful. I liked them. There is also free WI FI it also work in the power cut. I would like to recommend for this guest house.

Room Tip: The rooms at the south side with balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Rajendra K, Owner at Kathmandu Friendly Home, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you Charlie for your positive review. We are very glad to get your feed back about our property and service. If you come again in future please visit us we will be happy to provide with incredible service...

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had came to this Guest House through booking.com. I stayed there for 5 days. The guys in that Guest House are very nice. Mr. Badri Rai, trekking Manager is very nice. In Nepal there a big problem of load shedding. 13 to 14 hours power cut in kathmandu but there is facility of backup in hotel. I recomend for this guest House. There is a nice roof top view. From guest house to Monkey temple the walking distance is only 30 minutes. Mr Rai gave me information about Kathmandu and trekking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Rajendra K, General Manager at Kathmandu Friendly Home, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mam,

Thank you very for staying at our guest house and reviewing our guest House on TA further more giving a high mark too. It is our great pleasure to provide you with our service. Hope to see serve you again in future too.

Should you have any suggestions to improve our service then please do let us know.

Best Regards,
Managing Director
Grand Millennium Guest House
Kaldhara, Thamel
Kathmandu.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was told I'd get a free airport pick up - it cost me 600 rupees. One of the owners was only interested in selling me treks that I could not afford or want. And kept me in his office for 30 mins trying to sell me it again and again when I'd never even said I was interested in doing another trek apart from the one I had booked in England. Then he left me in the corner if his office which was a 5 min walk from the guest house for 15 mins as ge had to meet someone. not the way to treat a guest and someone whi had only been off the plane one hour. They made no effort to find my next hostel alobar 1000 for a while and kept wanting me to stay more nights when i said I couldn't. Finally he got me a taxi, which he made me pay the driver 500 rs for, even though it was just across thamel. Then he got in the taxi, and wanted me to give him a 10 dollar tip for calling a taxi and riding in it for me. Definitely got the sense that they smelt new blood and tried to scam me every which way possible. Nothing they did was to benefit the customer, only themselves financially. Would never stay here again, far better hostels in ktm - highly recommend alobar 1000 and the sparkling turtle!

• Stayed: February 2013
Rajendra K, Manager at Kathmandu Friendly Home, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear harrowsparrow55,

Thank you for your feed back, it helps us to improve our service and more other things, Grand Millennium Guest House is committed in giving any services if we promise our valuable guest. We never received any free pick up request from you in advance so were unable to pick you up at the airport. Regarding trekking unfortunately we are not responsible airport drivers and representatives might comfort guest to go trekking or tour. We apologize again for any inconvenient that you face at our guest house. Sorry!

Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hotel is located close to transport, restaurants, entertainment and is value for money. We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and always found it clean and the staff very polite. The room we stayed in could have possibly done with a new coast of paint but other than than a great place to stay. Transport is right at the door to get around the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple