“Great coffee place”

Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Kathmandu
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Speciality Coffee Shop, promoting Nepali Coffee since 1999
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Himalayan Java is unique in Kathmandu in providing an American coffee shop experience. It offers excellent Nepali coffee, a great selection of pastries and cookies, and plenty of couches to enjoy them in. On the downside, the food is rather bland, with rather unremarkable sandwiches, dry wraps or fajitas, and pancakes served with fake honey (so disappointing in a country that produces wonderful honey). So best to go there in mid-morning or mid-afternoon to enjoy a cappuccino and a piece of cake, it is a little haven of peace on the edge of Thamel that you won't regret experiencing.

1  Thank lelogbook

Reviewed December 5, 2012

prices seemed extremely unreasonale. service was excellent though. good place to hangout but it tries to be too over-the-top. all in all, OKish.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

great drinks, great service, great food, great desserts..all at great prices! what more can I say! oh you may chance upon a weary traveler of sorts who may have an interesting story to tell! love this place!

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I been to nepal after 5 years with my English friend took him to drink coffee there he feel there like England coffee is great service are excellent environment nice and clean.
There is no words to praise. Just love it.
Thanks to all management and staffs

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This cafe/eatery amazed me from the minute we first stepped inside. My partner and I had just attempted to withdraw money from an atm, which failed dismally, and so in a panic to check our bank accounts via the internet we ran up to Himalayan Java for some free wi-fi love. The internet worked, the coffee was as delicious as my favourite shop in Australia, and the prices were so blissfully cheap (cheap for Australians...not so cheap for Nepalis...) that I happily realised I could afford both a latte and a hot lemon beverage on each visit. Love your work Himalayan Java. I was also delighted to discover toilet paper in the bathroom and a flush that worked.

1  Thank Melanie C