“very good”
Review of Siesta Guest House

Siesta Guest House
Ranked #198 of 477 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2012

i stay here with my wife two night it is good stay. this hotel is centre part of the tourist area. all of the service is excellent and super ,breakfast is so nice

with masala tea. i love karhmandu and siesta if i have time to for next visit in nepal i am sure to stay here.....

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed in Siesta and I found great people, very clean and nice rooms and kind stuff. You have hot water 24 h a day and room is big enough. They will offer to you very good breakfast and I really enjoyed in this place.
It is close to Royal museum and 10 minute walk to Durbar square. If I come back to Nepal, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid, $12/night for double with private bathroom, decent rooms. Outdated just as most of Kathmandu is. Old, used looking blankets and sheets had some stains on it as all other budget places we stayed at. I slept on top of all the sheets inside my silk sack! Bathrooms were a bit old but clean enough that I showered barefoot (although flip flops were available in every hotel we stayed at). (this was better than Hotel Silver Home just across the street because our room there also had yellow, rusty water coming from the old pipes and our bathroom was very old and dirty looking and their response when I asked about that?? Buy bottled water to brush my teeth!).

Good location in Thamel. Only gripe? We booked 3 rooms for one night and they first tried to tell us that we didn't book rooms with private bathroom. After we showed them our confirmation on booking.com, they obliged. Then I asked them about availability for when we got back from Pokhara and they said they were full. But I kept checking booking.com and it said 4 rooms available. I even showed a staff member the availability on booking.com and he just replied that they hasn't updated booking.com. We think they didn't like the good price we got from booking.com and would rather have those rooms available for Walk-ins that would pay more for the room.

If you are a backpacker and are on a budget and want to be in Thamel and an outdated place with old blankets and stained sheets is ok for you, then check this place out. In general, for those used to spotless sheets and a certain level of cleanliness, Nepal will be hard for you - unless you pay a high premium for a better hotel. Note- even 3 star hotels we stayed at had sheet stains, cockroaches and bed bugs!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

i just enjoy in kathmandu 4 days its really enjoyable. i stay here all my travel time in kathmandu. i find good room with helpful staff. room is very with big bathroom. i visit kathmandu with some friend who are also staying at siesta . the location of the hotel is nice. we can go shopping near the hotel. good wi fi nice service.....

Reviewed September 18, 2012

i really like this hotel. i am staying siesta with my family . here our stay is so good. i got good hot shower and nice room with balcony. wi fi is perfect and people are nice. it is our first visit in nepal, we enjoy a lot here. i really love nepal .temple and stupa are nice and interesting. ....they has a good tour and agency. with best prize which is you like......i like to reccumend to siesta who were visit nepal where you get good room with nice prize.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It is my first travel in nepal . I am traveling now with my friend . We searching hotel centre part of the Thamel and I got a this hotel with best location . When I am in siesta the staff are kind full they are so friendly . They provide us good room with my prize . Place is so wonderful and pleasant . Area is very nice and in this area is specially living tourist . In Nepal Thamel is mst popular for visited. 90% tourist are mostly living in Thamel. I am so happy travel in Nepal..........

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

After pokhara I stay in here with my friend . Our stay is wonderful . People are so nice and the manager rajendra is helpful and friendly . I like the place and room is very good with internet. Prize isatching with my budget . We visit nagarkot that's beautiful place we show good view from there . I really enjoy in Nepal with my friend this travel is unforgetable to us .......