“ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH”
Review of Siesta Guest House

Siesta Guest House
Ranked #199 of 476 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I’ve had a very rough go in Nepal. First, I got amebic dysentery and then I actually fell and broke my hip(I’m only 30!!). When I returned to Kathmandu, Siesta Guest House was so wonderful and helpful. They did everything for me. They kept me comfortable, help with everything, and even booked my ticket for emergency return home. Thanks Siesta Guest House ! Thanks for being a unforgettable friend when no friends and family were near.
I will recommend Siesta Guest House to all my friend and family. Thank you. See you again.

With best regards
Poul Kelty

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Poul K

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Very cheap = yes. In Thamel = yes (but so is tons of other accommondation). You get what you pay for = hardley... After arriving Kathmandu we simply just needed a place to spend two nights before going trekking. We had absolutely no expectations except for a clean bed. Even this siesta guest house failed to deliver. Furthermore with windows that couldnt close, it Got down to 2 celcius at night visiting in january. Toilet barely flushed, no hot water for shower and no electricity plugs. Friendly staff, but after returning to Kathmandu from trekking We found some other hotels in Way better conditions for the same amount of money. honestly We just wanted a clean bed!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Morten O
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stay heare 5 day .i found best service & good prize & best location .near to all All staff is do helping .u feel u are stay in your home . I suggest for family & business ,and for cople . He give me 3 time tea every day . Good Wi fi do I connect with my family on my apple face time vidio call . That time I feel I stay with my family

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2011

They looked after us all (2 adults, 3 children) so well. We can't thank them enough for making us feel so at home and cared for. Rajendra took our 4 year old son to the hospital when sick. Just some of the nicest people we met on a 5 month trip in Asia.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have been to Nepal many times and last four visits I chose only Siesta House Hotel. Clean rooms, friendly and responsive staff, good water and electricity supply, free Wi-Fi, comfortable site at the centre of tourist Thamel, sunny rooms and rooftop, restaurant and laundry services, very reasonable prices – all these things give Siesta House the definite advantage over other hotels of Kathmandu. If you’re looking for a good hotel but have no too much money, visit Siesta House. You will get a good service and lots of pleasure from a communication with lots of well-wishing people. I wish lots of success and prosperity to the Hotel and to its hospitable Boss – Mr. Gyanendra Lama.

Room Tip: Take a rooftop rooms, they are sunny and dry. You can enjoy by staying at a hotel rooftop. Book it i...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I just wanted to share our not so pleasant experience during our stay in Thamel, Kathmandu.

Wherever you stay DON'T BOOK SIESTA HOTEL in Thamel, Kathmandu. I had 53 big, very itchy bites from bed bugs and when mentioning it to the manager the next day all he could do was having a good laugh about it. A German friend who stayed 4 floors below us had a similar experience one day later, more than huge 30 bites as a souvenir before flying home. After it was obvious the hotel staff was reluctant to do anything about it or improve the hygiene of the hotel. Friendly staf but to lazy to work and rather hang around in the lobby area or play cards outside, we felt the only thing to do is to change hotel, found one nearby hotel nearby (situated in almost the same nice courtyard right in the centre of Thamel with better prices (500-1000), better hygiene, free wireless internet, small restaurant, plus various nice terraces.
This was last year so hopefully the staf has changed by now...together with their standards and attitude

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert h
Reviewed November 28, 2011

They are a most friendly peoples,working in the hotel,and the owner Gyanendra Lama is a best friend for all guest... and no any problem you have, what he can't fix for you.. (and he also Funny) and the most importen think... they never cheat you.. and they working with very good price

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo