“buddha treks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buddha Treks Group - Private Day Tours
Ranked #353 of 590 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: A specialized trekking and tour agency organizes incentive tours, cultural tours, pilgrimage tours, honeymoon tours, trekking in Nepal, expedition in Nepal. We are a group of passionate travel professionals with many years of accumulated experience in travel trade, organizing and leading groups in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Sikkim and other neighboring areas.We are a company with a passion for our work and commitment to providing our clients with specialized services of the highest quality in a competitive market price.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Lucknow, India
“buddha treks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

it is the finest place among them and also buddha treaks ane of the famous palce among them buddha treaks is near the palace of kathamandu treak house so the mount everest is present in dist of saghar matha

Visited April 2012
2 Thank santosh221

Paris, France
“Beautiful Highness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I took part in a trekking week to reach the Annapurnas's gate in September 2011. The guide was of great experience, we enjoyed walking in those beautiful landscapes and I was given the opportunity to share traditionnal diners with the Nepalese guides and other trekkers in the many Chalets down the road: we would dance to the sound of traditionnal music, the instruments were played and the atmosphere was delightfull. It was then a lot of fun to pursue our trekking from day to day: meeting new people everyday with who we would share a part of the trekk until our way parts. As a whole landscapes at the gate of the Annapurnas are beautiful and I had a very good time both in strictly sportive terms and humanly speaking with the guide and the many people we met. I really recommend this experience which is a great way to sart discovering Nepal!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Quentin F
Christchurch, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery - Mini Circuit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Hey this trip is one of a lifetime, We did what they call the mini circuit (from Besi Saha to Jomson) flying from jomson to Pokhara. We had a guide and porter.

there is so much to write about however here are the following points as more as information rather than just saying how amazing it was.:
If you want to travel with a guide best to pick one up in besi saha but to be honest you really dont need one, they are great for times when you are tired and just dont want to make a decision on where to sleep. please note Accomodation is not pre booked if you use a tour company. there are some points where the roads fork and you wont know which one to take but suggest that if you follow the masses you really cant go wrong or a simple map. (and follow the signs to Manang).

The tea houses are nice and simple and there is an extensive menu for food (they are exactly the same in every tea house all the way up), however due to their construction they provide no insulation at all, and once you get to the top you are sleeping in negative degrees so a warm sleeping bag is a must! (the toilets freeze).

ok so there is road from Besi Saha to about Jaqart However you have to remember this is the main route between all the villages anyway so you are walking on a wide path most of the time anyway (not really a single track hike), but there are no cars on the road.

The high road between lower pisang to Manang is a MUST, proberbly one of the most best views of the trip! dont take the touristy and no view lower road. It is harder but well worth it! also note that if you take this route you are usually one of the last groups to arrive in manang which means you might find it hard getting accommodation but we went in peak season and we got a bed in the second place we inquired.

I suffered from altitude sickness, it had vomiting loss of appetite and complete nausea, but not really a big headache, I carried on and made it to the top although took me a bit longer than most, however I know how much i can push myself so knew when i was in trouble or not.

Down the other side to Jomson is a bit bleak and dry, the last hour walking on a river bed is a bit dusty, we are soo glad we finished our trip at Jomson, however i can't comment on the comparison to the rest of the circuit.

I would love to go back and do the Poon hill trek or the sanctuary... maybe in years to come.

Loved Nepal and Loved the circuit trip, go now because it will be gone in years to come.
Good luck

Visited November 2011
2 Thank soon_2_b_B
Sydney, Australia
“Peace of mind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

On arriving to Nepal, I soon found out that the minimal information I had read in Lonely Planet was not helping me make the best decisions. During my second day of travel I found myself talking to some random Nepali guy who was slowly, convincing me into using himself as a guide. He said he had been a guide many times before and showed me a book of all the tourists he had hiked with, he even proved it with a piece of paper that said he was an OFFICIAL guide. The combination of culture shock and the fact I was travelling alone made me uncharacteristically gullible. I had pretty much accepted the guy to be my guide. On returning to my hostel, I told the manager about the awesome deal I was about to make. He laughed and told me I was most likely being scammed. He immediately lead me to Swan Valley Treks and in doing so pretty much saved my trip from being an uncomfortable mess to being insanely well organised journey.

I had come to Nepal with very vague ideas of what I wanted to do. After an hour of sitting down with Shanker, we had come up with a 2 week plan of all the places I had wanted to go, and now I had extra information on what was worth seeing and what was a waste of time. They catered the trip pretty perfectly to my style of travel. I don't like strict schedules and plans and these guys made it very accommodating. I can imagine whatever your style of travel these guys will know exactly how to plan your trip so it fits for you.

Part of my trip included doing a segment of the Annapurna Circuit. I didn't have much time in the country so they chose a smaller 4 day trek. They organised a guide for me, named Basanta. This guy was so chilled out and was literally there for me 24/7 for the next 2 weeks (despite only needing to be there for the 4 or 5 days of the trek). If there was a bus to catch early in the morning, Basanta would make sure I was awake and that we had plenty of time for food and time to catch the bus. Some companies will give you a bus ticket and give you the address of the bus stop. This usually leads to you struggling to find the right bus and then handing your bus ticket to the most official looking guy you can find, ending with him handing it back to you and shrugging. The support from Basanta meant that we literally encountered none of these silly tourist problems. I was at ease the entire time, and this is a very rare feeling to have when travelling in a foreign country.

During the hike I developed altitude sickness and had to be taken off the mountain via Emergency Helicopter, then to a hospital in Kathmandu. This was a real bummer, but fortunately Basanta and Shanker were there the entire time to help me through it. Hospitals and foreign countries are a scary combination. But despite the circumstances I got through it with relative ease, all thanks to the organisation by Swan Valley. Hospital fees, insurance and other medical costs were all sorted out by the company. Even a month after I had flown back home, Shanker was still dealing with insurance companies foreign to him, on my behalf. The support that these guys provided me truly was invaluable.

Pretty much any problem, big or small, can be overcome by these guys. They are so honest and genuine, and being locals they know a lot more than a Lonely Planet guide can tell you. I have never even considered writing a review for companies that I've used, but for these guys I think they really do deserve the thanks. I could go on about other things they have done for me but I'm sure you get the idea.
If you want a company that is relaxed AND professional (unheard of) then you have to go with these guys. After meeting the guys you will understand why they have been talked up so much.
Enjoy the journey.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank b s
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Annapurna Trekking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

My name is Rabin Gurung from west part of Nepal. I were annapurna base camp in 2011 that was fantastic. that was really enjoy myself there with snow and panoramic views. so if any one interesting to do that region you can have sharing my life experience.

Visited June 2011