“Excellent hotel in the heart of Thamel”

Kathmandu Resort Hotel
Ranked #134 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at the KTM Resort 3 times during a month of travelling in Nepal. The hotel is located in the heart of Thamel in a little street called Mandala Street. Even though it is in the middle of Thamel, Mandala Street is away from all the noise, pollution and dust from the rest of the city. A perfect place to relax and recharge.

The rooms are big and clean with hot water, AC and television. The staff is friendly and always greets you "Nameste" when you come or leave.

All in all a great place to stay! Will come back next time I visit Nepal..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank vellebelle

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a really good time here in the Resort Hotel. The staff is really friendly and helps you out when you have any questions. The rooms are really clean and everything worked very well (tv, ac, hot shower). We enjoyed our time here and will come back next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been 3 times now in the Kathmandu resort and the hotel is great. You can book very simple but clean rooms for very little money and really nice and luxurious ones for an absolutely fair price. The service is great, everybody is smiling and happy to help. It is in the heart of thamel but in a very quiet location. I have been at about 20 hotels in kathamandu but this one was the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Thank J. S
Reviewed May 20, 2014

we have visited Kathmandu Resort Hotel in May,2014. Location is in Heart of Thamel. All Hotel Staffs were good. Restauran service was also good. Mineral water was available all time. I am very satisfied with the service.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights because of my travel agent. After 19 days trekking, I asked my travel agent to find a decent hotel in Thamel where I can get nice shower and proper sleep....
My room is above "ultimate resort" HQ where it's very noisy during the day, and right next to a bar with live music where they start tuning their instrument from 3 PM then at night the music was on until 2 AM then followed but the noise from drunk kids yelling and screaming continue until around 4 am
At 6 am I was woken up by more noise from the shop owners on the alley who screamed at each other (or so I thought. Apparently there were just chatting)
On the second night, after really frustrated with very bad live music and house music from the neighbourhood I asked the reception for another room where I could get some sleep. He put me in a suite above reception,which I appreciated.....however even though this room was far from the night club next door, but it is close to the night club' sparking area. ...again....after awake all night because of the sound of engine starting from the motorbike and drunk couples who fought under my window!!! When I finally fell a sleep around 5 am, I was woken up at 7 am by loud conversation of the hotel staff at the reception and constant beeping sound from their computer.

On top of the noise I described above, the day before, the cleaning service sprayed my room with insecticide (because apparently they found 2 dead huge cockroaches in my room).... And the smell stay all day and it made me sick!!!

Honestly....if you want to get some sleep at night, stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 109 was the one next to the bar with live music and above "the last resort" HQ...so c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TriDubai
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Was in Kathmandu for a Everest Base Camp Trek and got moved to this hotel for one night - we had a very poor experience. Our first room (yes we asked to move after 20 minutes in the room) has dust everywhere in it (like visible construction dust). There was mold in my son's bed, and just as much mold on the shower curtain. Patches in the wall, stains on the floor, the window wouldn't shut, it was just bad in every way. So, we asked to be moved to another room.

Before I review room two, realize I know Kathmandu is a 3rd world city and I'm not expecting the Ritz by any means. My number one expectation in a room is cleanliness (basic clean room, bed, bathroom). All else I can chalk up to price or socio-economic conditions. This hotel did not meet any cleanliness criteria.

Room two was better than room one (that's the only good news). The carpet was disgusting, patch marks in the wall (in fact, all around the hotel), the bathroom was barely better than the mold in the prior room. TV didn't work, window didn't close, and their was loud generator noise throughout the night (which is even better when you can't shut your window). Eight others stayed with us in this hotel in different rooms. Three ladies traveling together, two men, and another couple. Everyone's comment when we met in the morning....this place is a dump.

Not sure where the other reviewers stayed. Eight people from different parts of the US, who stayed in other hotels in Kathmandu swore 'never again'. My suggestion...follow our advise, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Really a beautiful hotel, with lovely clean rooms and great service! 24 hour electricity and hot water in the shower... always a bonus in Kathmandu! Really cheap prices if you consider the amazing facilities.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Sumi G, Manager at Kathmandu Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

To ,
Dear sir ,

I would like to thanks for your lovely and beautiful review for us . it was really wondering and great admiring faith from your side .

Kathmandu Resort hotel .