“Great food, good service, cheap, clean”
Review of Gilingche

Gilingche
Ranked #50 of 765 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Tibetan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Australia
“Great food, good service, cheap, clean”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Gilingche serves excellent traditional Nepalese / Tibetan food. The prices are very reasonable and the food is always fantastic. I can recommend the momo's, the Thukpa and the mixed Thenthuk. The restaurant is very clean. The staff are friendly and provide good service. The restaurant is tucked inside an alley just down from Thamel Chowk.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank Roxstar99

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Mars bar momo's make this the most memorable restaurant in Kathmandu !”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The food is an excellent and diverse introduction to authentic Tibetan cuisine. Menu was extensive, priced reasonably and the food very fresh!
Tip - try the Mars bar and Snickers momo's for dessert by request!

• Visited April 2014
8 Thank Tigerlily W
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“BEST RESTARAUNT IN KATHMANDU”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

After travelling much of Asia and getting food poisioning and sick from local food I was very mindful and cautious about what and where to eat in Nepal. After making my way into the Gilingche Restaurant in Thamel I was greeted by the friendly staff who made me feel at home and comfortable. I immediately noticed the great range of food on offer at great prices. My first meal was ready after a short wait and was absolutely delicious with so much flavor....I found myself coming here for breakfast, lunch and dinner as I never felt sick once. The Gilingche was always clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. I made some good friends here Dev and Laxman thankyou so much for the famtastic food and making me feel at home in Nepal. For anybody looking for a delicious safe meal in Nepal you simply cant go past the Gilingche Restaurant highly recommended. Best creamy Mushroom and Tomatoe soup ive ever had

• Visited March 2014
7 Thank Todd H
Gympie, Queensland, Australia
“Excellent cuisine at affordable prices!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

For more than ten years now I have been coming back to Nepal, and over the years I have been very fortunate to discover (on my first visit there) the gilinche restaurant in Thamel. Not only is their food excellent, but the cost of their meals are at 'Nepalese' prices, and not at 'tourist' prices like other establishments in Thamel. Dev and laxman are the co-creators and owners of the restaurant and an absolute delight to deal with. They always make my experience eating there memorable, and cant do enough for me, or any other customer who walks through their door. not only are they true gentlemen, but they are now my very dear friends. So look no further for a place to eat your breakfast, lunch or dinner at. The gilinche restaurant offers the full selection of dishes at wonderful prices!! Now if you dont believe me, Go there and see for yourself. I promise, you won't be disappointed. Quite the opposite. You'll be glad that you've found the best damn restaurant in all of Kathmandu! Take care now and god bless. Peter hartnell . Australia

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank Peter S
Newcastle, Australia
“Great food, Service, Friendly staff & Price!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a large party at "Gillingche" with a mix of Nepali's and westerners with specific dietary needs (vegan, kosher, vegetarian) and the staff managed the demands by serving such delicious food. I think If I ate this food everyday I'd be very healthy!

..Pro Tip: Bring in a packet of mars or snickers bars (or your favourite chocolate) and ask for the secret chocolate momo's... you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014