“Good value with helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Karma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kathmandu
Hotel Karma
Ranked #119 of 489 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here more than 2 weeks waiting for visa. Nice place considering the price (rooms on the upper floors are much nicer) with very friendly and helpful staff. The big terraces on the upper floors are great if you want to sit outside or self-cater. Free wifi. No generator but emergency light in the room. Relatively clean, although I did come across some cockroaches. Good location, central but not too noisy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors, where there are big terraces and the rooms are nicer than...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed there almost 3 weeks and the guys working there were awesome! They even gave us a better price afterwards because we stayed longer! It's in a sideway of the main tamel road but still very central. I really recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Spent one night in Hotel Karma after being recommended it by a friend (who by all accounts really liked it- he was probably in a different room). Got put in a room next to the reception and was up all night battling cockroaches to the sound of barking dogs outside. Lovely. It was very cheap however.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mattbor86
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was looking forward to my stay at the Karma Hotel in Kathmandu. What I could find seemed positive but I was a bit put off by several things. First, the hotel is located on the second floor [and other floors?] and finding the entry via a doorway into a building was a bit challenging. The hotel had no 'standby' power and Kathmandu suffers from virtually no electricity in the morning or evening. They do have electricity in the early afternoon and the middle of the night but that's not too handy. I was also a bit put off by them arranging for my flight to Lukla. They put me in touch with one of their 'suppliers' who overcharged me for the flight, charged me a National Parks visitor's pass [which I didn't need] and didn't pick me up in the morning for my transfer to/from the airport even though I had paid for the transfers. All in all I think you can find a much nicer hotel - as I did. I moved to Hotel Thamel which was excellent.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel that has standby power. This one doesn't
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank wanderlust52
Reviewed January 7, 2012

i found that hotel from web site and no one advised this hotel to me, but it turned out to be the best hotel, all is neat, clean and tidy, and so much close to all the main sights.
and also i went travelling to other places and only thank for the stuff who agreed to keep my heavy luggage without extra charges. i am so grateful for their help.
hope i will come back again and i will stay only in that hotel.
best of luck

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We know the hotel Karma since 1994. The rooms and toilets are not so ny, but cheap hotel. we like staying in the hotel karma because they have a good service, nice and kindly peole. They are always ready to help you if you need any kinds of helps. We have only positives experience fra hotel karma.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I would like to take this time to thank you and the staff of Hotel Karma: Keshab Lamsal and Aryal Rachu for their outstanding customer service.

When I first check in I had only planned to stay for a day, but was exhausted by my trip to India and subsequently stayed for 4 days.

During that time your staff was most accommidating and patient, helping complete my itinerary ie: a tour of Kathmandu and airline tickest to and from Lumbini.
Their help proved invaluable to me.

On my next trip to Kathmandu I would definately stay at Hotel Karma, again.

Thank you all and best of luck!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo