Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
I love Poon Hill

I enjoyed my trip, had a good time, the scenery was great...the owner was super friendly and... read more

Reviewed July 9, 2022
iwent777
GREAT EXPERIENCE AND VERY FRIENDLY

Such a great experience. Was my first time to Nepal and had my wife with me. Nepal Trek Hub made... read more

Reviewed May 18, 2022
826mostafay
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

All reviews annapurna circuit poon hill his team ram arrangements trail scenery trek porter culture airport visa guide knowledge passes trust
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2019

One fine day in 2019, a group of 5 of us from the concrete jungle that is Kuala Lumpur got together and decided to take the leap into the unknown - a multi-day trek in the Himalayas. Our chosen route was the well-known Annapurna Circuit, a trail encircling the Annapurna Massif in the Nepal section of the Himalayas.

This being the first time we were undertaking such a trip, we were naturally a little apprehensive and unsure of what to expect. However, we need not have worried at all. The team assigned to the 5 of us comprised of Shreeram (guide and founder of Nepal Trek Hub) as well as Dev and Surendra (charming young brothers who acted as our porters) - and the three of them were the best that we could have dreamed of.

Firstly, on our guide Shreeram or "Ram" - what can I say about him? He was genuine, funny, attentive (without ever being intruding), knowledgeable, and always full of energy. We felt safe and well taken care of throughout our time with him. Our accommodation always seemed the best amongst the pack, and we owe it to Ram and his decision-making as well as contacts. He was full of good advice - from ensuring we ate the right things, to getting us the right sleeping bags (and making sure we used them), and making sure we were always going at the right pace. He seemed very genuinely concerned about the environment and the garbage situation along the trek as well - he insisted that we used the water purification tablets along the trek instead of buying fresh bottles of water daily - and boy was he right, the water tasted just fine with the tablets. We had no major issues with our health during the trek (whether altitude sickness, stomach trouble, fatigue, etc) and we owe it largely to Ram's care. He even saved us from getting run over by a stray horse barrelling down the path in our direction, as he spotted it from a mile away and very quickly warned us to scramble! While he had a handy catchphrase i.e. "who knows?" to cheekily use in response to some of our more mundane questions (and make us laugh), Ram also took plenty of time to answer many of our questions and curiosities. I am perhaps not the easiest person in this regard - I am always full of questions - but he shared plenty of insight and knowledge with me, in topics ranging from politics, business, the tourism industry, the geography of the Himalayas and Nepal, local culture, people, and even his personal life and outlook.

As for Dev and Surendra, they were charming and hardworking young brothers who lugged the bulk of our things daily with a smile on their faces. Beats me how they do it, but each day both of them took 20-25kgs each on their backs and sped off ahead of us (and other trekkers/porters) to the next accommodation for the day, always getting there earlier than the crowd and ensuring we get the best rooms. There were even times where one of them would double back after dropping off our large bags and securing our rooms, just to check on whether any of us required further help with the backpacks that we were carrying. And it came in handy once or twice when Dev actually came to help someone in our group with his backpack on a particularly strenuous incline. Going the extra mile.

So we had a great time, walking for 9 days along the Marshyangdi river valley - all the way from Ngadi, through charming towns (including Chame, Pisang, Manang, Yakkharka), to High Camp @ 4,880m, and finally across the Thorong-La Pass, the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit @ 5,416m. We ended our journey by taking the jeep across 2 days from Muktinath to Pokhara (walking the entire circuit typically takes 16-17 days, which we could not do due to our own time constraints). Ram was with us every step of the way, even coming to meet us on our last day in Kathmandu and arranging for our transport to the airport. Our dinner with Ram, Dev, and Surendra in Pokhara was one of the most enjoyable I've had in a long while, where they took us to have local street fare and beer, and we shared good food, good laughs, and good stories.

They say time passes quickest when you are having fun - and it is a huge compliment to Ram that our 15 days in Nepal flew by in the blink of an eye. By the time we were bound to depart for home, I felt that I had only just met him the day before. I am glad to have met Ram and go on a journey with him and I am already thinking of my next trek with him (ABC? Poon Hill? Who knows?). Hopefully our paths will cross again. I would not hesitate to recommend Ram and Nepal Trek Hub to anyone looking for a great trek in Nepal Himalayas. Well done, boys!

Date of experience: October 2019
nepaltrekhub, Owner at Nepal Trek Hub, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2019

Dear Kah Fee

Thank you so much for your comprehensive appreciation of our service, we and our entire team are very delighted to work with you and make your trip better. We would like to thank you all you guys being with us and allow us to serve you with the best manner. All you guys were fantastic and we really enjoyed the Two weeks with you. Thank you so much

Shreeram Thapaliya

Reviewed October 28, 2019

Coming from a concrete jungle of Malaysia; Nepal was very foreign and scary, as am not sure how much to prepare mentally for the hike.

Ram - our guide, and owner of Nepal Trek Hub, helped me eased into the pace and also helped with the necessary gears for the trip upon arrival. I wasn't sure with getting a sleeping bag, and he went out of his way to help procure it for all us, which came really handy at 4,000+ meters.

Throughout the trip, everything was very smooth - even when I got into some physical issue with my knees, he took his time and constantly making sure I was alright while balancing to check on the other 4 which were ahead, even running to the next town and get a muscle cream for me (Chame).

And despite numerous time I felt like I should quit at 1/4 into the trip (day 3 of 12), he assured me, we will get to and through Thorong La pass (5,416 meters).

And true enough, I got to Thorong La Pass - better yet, I got through it without having to take any anti-AMS meds (i.e Diamox), because Ram says it is not needed, and constantly remind me to keep hydrated, take it slow, and enjoy the nature. He also advise us on dietary precautions the higher we went - especially to abstain from meat as poultry and meat at 3,000+ meters are not as fresh.

At the end of the journey, despite our itinerary with the company has ended and we have a free day to roam Kathmandu, Ram went out of his way to take us around to eat the local food (which was the best ever), get the cab for us, and spend one last evening with us.

And given how much of a 'Need to know' ground of friends we are, and always asking 'How far? How long? When will we get there? How's the accommodation?' - we will always get the reply - Who knows?

And that kept the hike a surprise at every corner, and maybe our next trip back for more surprises again to this wonderful country and trekking paradise. Who knows?

Hello julian

I hope you are doing great in K.L. Thank you for your patience and best company to me for giving me the chance to make your trip better. We had a great laugh and "Who Knows" is our best words among that laugh. thank you guys for best time here and if you have anything that we need to improve please let us know so we can improve our service standards.

Best Regards
Your "Ram"

Shreeram Thapaliya

Nepal Trek Hub Managing director

Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

I can describe Annapurna Circuit as "A divine destination and heaven for the trekkers with amazing route and landscape". I think words can't describe its actual beauty. Diving through the trails feels like free bird, our journey experience enhanced and made memorable by the people around us, mostly by our guide Shreeram and porters Dave and Surendra. I would recommend him as a guide for every tour of Nepal. He is person with full of energy and nice touch of humour. His knowledge and awareness about the surroundings is top-notch. He will help you, motivate you at each step to complete your trek by considering safety as a priority.

Namaste Milind

Thank you for your best review to us. it was a best two weeks time to spend with you guys in the Annapurna Himalayan range and always fun. we had a a lot of joke and fun with each other i really loved the time we had together and if you have anything to tell us for improvement of our service please let's us know.

Reviewed October 19, 2019

Trekking in Nepal is a truly thrilling hiking adventure in the world. The rugged trails in the mountains with unparalleled breathtaking views of the Himalayas are incredible.I would like to thank & applaud Shriram and his team for arranging a wonderful & memorable trek to Annapurna Circuit. This young, energetic, experienced man is always ready to serve you in the best possible way to make your trip a lifetime memory.He is more than a guide & always kept the safety a top priority and no compromise made on this. From fixed departures to customized trekking trip & climbing expedition,he designed it so well with a tested break down of the day to day itinerary which let us enjoy the most of the culture,nature and adventure of the region.He was on his toes to solve all the apprehensions with best solutions.Hatts off to his sense of humour which was like an icing on the cake on this wonderful journey.He is an encyclopedia of Nepal.He is open for discussions on any topic chosen.He is the best example for generosity,humbleness,patience and kindness.I will strongly & only recommend his name to my entire circle of friends & family in India and everyone who wants to visit Nepal in future.
Viva Shreeram Thapalia & Nepal!

Date of experience: October 2019
nepaltrekhub, Owner at Nepal Trek Hub, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Dear shrikant vai

How are you all these days. I was so busy last couple of months for trip one after another.
I have still no contact with Subash vai, hope there will be communication soon. Thank you for your best review, if there is anything that we need to improve our service standards please let's us know.

Reviewed October 12, 2019

We feel grateful for arranging our ABC Trek thru Nepal Trek Hub and working with Shreeram who was extremely responsive and took great care of our family. We had a very well organized trip in Nepal and and felt that we were taken care of throughout our stay the moment we arrived in Kathmandu. Despite the time difference from where we live, Shreeram always responded promptly to questions and changes to our trip planning, even arranging a tour of Kathmandu, a cooking class, etc. Shreeram, who has wave over a decade of guiding experience, addressed a broad range of our questions and issues about visiting Nepal. Our son was accommodated with a separate experienced mountain climbing guide and porters for his excursion to ice climb up Tharpu Chuli. We had to make changes to our schedule while in Nepal and Shreeram handled all the changes personally and made sure that we were met on our return to Kathmandu. We can't express how much we appreciated that our trip was well organized, and more importantly, we felt like we were being taken care of by what felt like close a friend.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Craig S

Dear criag sorry for late responce

I hope Everything is going well with you people, Thank you for extraordinary appreciation of me and my company. I think we have gave our best to serve you however if there is anything that we need to improve please let us know. we will be always happy to improve it for future work