“Backpacker place”
Review of Hotel Silver Home

Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the 300 rupee dorm room before and after my tracking and always met young inspiring backpacks to spend my time with in Katmandu. Its nice to have single beds in the dorm room so you dont wake up when other people go to bed lately. Bathroom is shared and quite old but get cleaned every day. Staff is friendly and Brish who is the manager of the place gives you valuable tips and knows some secret places to have a beer with locals after sunset. Hard to find due to the location in a side street. So better ask a local to tell you which way to go.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christoph G
thinair85, Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2015

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Hotel Silver Home and we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay.

We the Silver Home Team are delighted that we have made you feel warm Nepalese hospitality and it has been a pleasure having you as our guest.
Our guest's satisfaction is our main concern and we will try our best to create unique experiences and fond memories with a difference.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Silver Home

Reviewed December 20, 2013

According the great review i have booked by online at Hotel Silver Home. My stay was great nothing complain to staff and hotel property. Its worth you paid also all in one you can get it at same place Hotel Silver Home. Cheap room helpful staff clean and tidy inner room and nice share garden. I hope this place will be more value for future stay too. Hotel location is in main center of thamel just round walking distance of kathmandu durbar square dream of garden too. First stay before the trekking hot shower and wi fi excellent condition and i like the way they clean bathroom everyday is good impression for guest. The guys reception and tour desk help me to suggest by free city map be cause they knew i was first traveling in Nepal.Still peace location in Thamel area during you stay staff will take care of you and during you other city travel time free baggage store service. Go to Silver Home once you visit in Nepal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jemma L

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I absolutely felt at home and the hotel staff was incredible. I am a resident of the USA and they spoke in perfect English to help me out with my queries. I really loved the way they treated me. It is located in central Thamel and nearby to all bus stops. Alex was the guy who helped me out with all bags and stuffs. The rooms were fantastic and the flowers smelled too good. The evenings were diving and I loved it very much. The room service was available at the press of a button or on a single call to the reception. No waiting at all. Truly incredible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PennyOswol

Reviewed December 15, 2013

And there is something in it! First thing I heard when I arrived to Hotel Silver Home in Thamel in Kathmandu was: "we hope this place will be second home for you :))". And this is how I felt there ! Very friendly and helpful staff,they will always give you advise on whatever you need and will arrange things for you.I was staying on my own in double room with bathroom inside,and I must say that it was worth.They provide breakfast,wi-fi,and there are also few computers in reception room.And if you need to leave your stuff,they will store it for you in secure place.
Another good thing about Hotel Silver Home is its location:although very central,there is no noise there,because it is in an alley.And finally,if you need to book any outdoor activities,you can do it with them.So,next time when I go to Kathmandu,there is a big chance that I will stay at the same place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed servel times in Thamel, Kathmandu between trekkings and going home. Silver home was really my home. The staff is really kind, hostility, helpful and take care of you.
I stayed in the dorm, good beds, they clean every day the bathroom and you have a balcony.
They become friends, for sure!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 9, 2013

You can say how great they are wow nice with helpful staff always as you require on your service. I am sure you can't complain them in that budget price how unbelievable service at hotel silver home. I am single solo travelers just stayed last couple of days ago during my stay all the service was excellent . In my room wi fi , hot water all the time and clean room come in$14 dollars. Great location middle of Thamel but little back alley but so peace and calm. Thank you very much for your kind management I will be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A good value-for-money hotel for backpackers/budget travellers. Rooms are super basic, but clean enough. The included breakfast is passable. Staff are helpful and friendly. Hot water works most of the time. Make sure you pack your earplugs though - the hotel is very close to a live music venue playing standard, irritating cover music from 7pm onwards every night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Av1989
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Avery,

Namaste and greeting from Hotel Silver Home management team.Thank you very much for your hard effort to write about your experience at Hotel Silver Home.We are surprised about your review and your review rating base.
Here on below point will clarify you more:

1) According your review explain some point trying to say good things and some point is bad which is totally free from that irritating music.
2) As you mention rooms are super basic but again yourself says clean enough good it makes us confuse about your review. Are you sure at Hotel Silver Home this loud music ?
3) Most of main street hotels are next to the bar and restaurant but we are inside the back alley which is totally away from loud music.
4) Please mention our hotel name too if you have been stayed with us because there are main street hotels are close to the live music bar so might be your review post on wrong location.

Why i am giving reason and comparing all about your review and my side explain is we haven't found your booking name any record stayed with us. Please why you don't clear your check in date and check out date with your check in form if you have been stayed with us.

Regards