“You get what you pay for, but the service is good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Silver Home

Hotel Silver Home
Ranked #42 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Oslo, Norway
“You get what you pay for, but the service is good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Silver Home in Kathmandu twice. The first time we had a big room with many windows. The Bathroom was sort of halfway redone and did not look very appealing at first, but at a closer look it turned out it was clean - it just wasn't completely finished (hadn't been painted etc). However, there was plenty of hot water and you get soap also. Breakfast is included which is great and there's free internet. Just remember to bring your own sheet/towels and you'll have a good stay. It really is good value for money in Thamel. Most places look exactly the same but are more expensive and don't include breakfast.
The second time we had booked a few days at the hotel they had misplaced our booking and they were full. The manager made sure we got a very nice room at the adjacent hotel Pokhara View. This room was great, sunny and warm. We still got to use all the facilities at Silver Home.

Also the location is good for Thamel. It's in a back alley and there's not much noise at night. The reception is staffed 24/7 and they close the entrance at night - so outsiders can't come in. That being said the locks on the doors of the rooms are not very secure. As opposed to the two other hotels right by there are no emergency exits/escape paths and the stairway is very narrow. Just something to keep in mind with the earthquake risk in the Kathmandu Valley.

Room Tip: Get a room looking down over the entrance that's not in the shade of the Hotel Pokhara View buil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been this place three times my trip to Nepal place is okey no complain and staff very helpful and service also acceptable for all of budget travels what I feel during my stay at this place. Shower in the morning so nice then comes breakfast including in room Nepali style I m happy with silver home thanks a lot management team keep continued same service for all guest like me.i will see you all in next year

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

So nice to be at silver home ,place is perfect for budget travelers. I have been this hotel twice before my trip and after trip too staff are so helpful and well manner with excellent wel come.i really impresed their service i will send many friends after back to china.

• Stayed October 2012
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved my stay at Hotel Silver Home. The room was great, as was the price and the staff were very friendly. As with any cheap hotel it wasnt perfect. The wireless internet didnt reach the third floor that i was staying on so i had to go downstairs for it. The bathroom could have been fixed up a little, though it did have nice hot water unlike other places i stayed in kathmandu. Be warned that a nearby pub plays really loud live music between 7 and 10 each night. I enjoyed this as I'd nod of listening to some good songs, but others may not.

All things considered, this was a great hotel, I would definitely stay there again and I loved my stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 3MichaelD27
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recommend this hotel to everybody whos looking for a great accommodation at reasonable price. I was very touched by the staffs hospitality. they have good english speaking skills so you wont have communication problems. The rooms are neat. Also i liked the location.its the party central of the capital. Lots of cafes, bars and night-clubs. we were a bunch of friends and we had an awesome stay. i wold personally like to thank Mr. yogesh who is the hotel manager, for making our trip great.we have lots of memories. Im plannig to visit kathmandu again, and of course this hotel is going to be my first choice. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Arnhem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I liked the staff (Hi Prajjwal, was nice cracking jokes with you!) and owner (Hi Yogesh with your Elvis Shoes!): fun to be with & helpful. Special thanks to Bhanu Dhakal, my trekking agent, who did a wonderful job in making my Annapurna-trekking realy worthwile. He can be found everyday in this hotel. Make sure you meet him! The dormitory was kind of OK, the shower was after my trekkingexperiences in the mountains a source of delight: truly hot. Pegs to hang your clothing on is recommended since there was not 1 nail to discover.... the sunroof was nice for hanging out (washings incl...:-) !) The central position in Thamal was perfect in order to grab diner and so. I spend 6 nights (off and on) during 4 weeks Nepal in this hotel. Bearhugs & Kind regards, Timea

Room Tip: I slept on Dorm so I do not know how the rooms are
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
kerala,india
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stay first time on first arrival at silver home I really like and enjoy my stay that place because the staff was helpful and incredible manner they treat me during my stay. I m pretty sure I feel about silver home service and staff are so great not problem to spend your great value of money too.

Room Tip: Everything works well
Stayed October 2012, traveled solo