“A home away from home.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Silver Home

and 1 more site!
Ranked #43 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I am a solo traveler and was scared as it was my first time to travel alone, however my friends booked me in this hotel and was glad that they chose this hotel for i really feel that i wasn't away from my friends or from my home. From the moment i set foot on the hotel i have received excellent customer service and the staff are really helpful with almost everything that you need. Rooms are clean and quiet with wifi connection. This is a place where you can get great value of your money, not like the other places that's gonna rip you off but with no value.Definitely i will be recommending this place to all my friends who wanted to visit Nepal and will chose to stay here again next time i visit.

Thank you guys for making my stay in your hotel a wonderful experience and showing me the Nepal Hospitality :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Mhaire,

Thank you very much for your staying about days ago. I have got still nice memory about your experience take you around local places,managing you hot shower in room,wi fi treat by our own hospitality others service too.

Regards
Hotel Silver Home

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel was definitely one of the best choices I've made for my holiday in Nepal. Since I was travelling on my own, it was always pleasant coming back to friendly staff, other curious travelers and a cozy bed after a long day of exploring Kathmandu. I went there without a travel guide, but with the guidance and advice of Silver Home, I had one of the most unforgettable experiences and would recommend this peaceful sanctuary to anybody heading to Kathmandu.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Kalina,

Still i do have good memory about brilliant hang out show up around down town and city tour also care about service in hotel. I m sure we will definitely see on next coming days while you have a holiday in nepal.
Dharamsala, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions and have nothing bad to say about it. The staff is incredibly sweet, the atmosphere is very relaxed and it's easy to meet other travelers in the downstairs common area. There are different rooms available for different budgets and some of them are very charming indeed. The staff can help you with tickets and pretty much anything you need and the location is great if you're into staying in Thamel. This is a true home away from home!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Kunchok,

Many thanks for your nice comment see you soon in kathmandu.
Kassel, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

i was planned to stay in Kathmandu for a week. during a week, i had a great time, great hospitality, a great courtesy and a real Nepal's Feelings. and finally i changed my mind and stayed more in kathmandu. this is all becozz of Hotel Silver home . This hotel is an amazing for we all tourists. in my country, i had neva seen a respect like this.And the services , facilites, the luxurious rooms. its very very affordable. i neva imagined becozz my budgets was limited. This hotel made me feel good and my respect to Nepali people. But This hotel is a great one. This one must be the Nepals pride in my view. I neva imagined im gona be treated like a Owner of the Hotel. hahahah...... Thank you Silver Home, i m gona c u soon with my fellows in my next visit to the Cultural Country NEPAL.
Thank You Yogesh Brother for your brotherhood
Thank you for ur help.
Will let u kno my galfrend next time ..hahahah a

Room Tip: Rooms are the best one
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your lovely staying with us and show up here your experience to others guest.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I liked the free acces to internet, the way the staff cares about their guests, there was people interesting to meet also, people from all over the world, sharing experiences each other, the hotel is not luxuous but tipically from nepal and can learn you a lot of local habits

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
After back from Nepal see you here too also happy to see your explore about our hospitality . I m glad to get you catch you again in Nepal for next trip. Hope you will manage your holiday soon.

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks in April. The rooms are large, clean, and there is plenty of natural sunlight. The service was excellent! Anything we needed, the staff was happy to help us get it. They also arranged much of our travel for us, even booking the next phase of our trip which was quite convenient for us and saved us from many headaches of doing it ourselves.
I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at this hotel. They showed us such a wonderful time. We are very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Jeniffer,

Great to see your amazing reviews here on tripadvisor.com according your experience with our hospitality,service once again many thanks for your nice stay with us.
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Highly recommended! we picked silver home to stay at for a couple of days in Kathmandu and ended up staying almost a whole month! the staff were super sweet and friendly and we're happy to go out of their way to look after you. the manager, yogi, is particular charming and accommodating! we were inticed by the great price but stayed for the humble and family type enviroment that was created by staff. close to everything, Silver Home is close to my heart

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HimalayanYeti, Owner at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Well so so great to see you again here with your nice review,sure we will catch you again in nepal after you get off from your work.
Once again thanks for your review.